karts

JeffC

Pete done some calculations....

mine was running a 74tooth / 17tooth front giving a final ratio of 4.47

yours was 70/16 ? ratio 4.37

for me to match your gearing I should have gone to a 74 which would have  given me 4.37  which i said all day and never did :bangshead:  :bangshead:

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JeffC

• Pilot Pete

• slippy

• boblog

Top Posters In This Topic

Before anything gets posted, I'd just like to say a big well done to jeffc for finally coming out:

gayjeff.jpg

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :p  :p  :p

strange thing is its not that often i see rib protectors being worn on the outside but it does make me chuckle when i do .....

bit like superman and the pants thing   :p

oh and tell Jeffory those rinb protectors are a bit to soft plastic to do much good .....

tell him they do carbon ones    ;)

I tell ya what them rib protectors may look crap but I bet JC doesn't feel like he's been 10 rounds with Ricky hatton like I do :down:

absolute cracking day today, Nessy buying a kart spur of the moment was  :cool:  :t-up:

and I have to admit I'm still a bit off Pilot and coops pace but I have a bucket full of excuses and running with 3 wheels didn't help one bit :oops:  :suspect:

karts flying past me all pointing to the sparks coming from where my wheel used to be made me laugh :D  :laugh:

nah rib protectors are a good idea mark , i use the tillet P1 kevlar one ,after having a cracked rib

http://www.tillett.co.uk/ribtec-rib-protectors.asp#info

note it says wear under your race suit.

I wear it over the top to use my ovos and clothing as padding to comfort the knocks  :t-up:

for me to match your gearing I should have gone to a 74 which would have  given me 4.37  which i said all day and never did :bangshead:  :bangshead:

74 / 17 is 4.35

70 / 16 is 4.37

:t-up:

I really dont think there was owt in it to be honest, when we both hit the limiter, neither of us pulled ahead so I would say it was about bang on. BTW, I think you have your post muddled, your going from a 74 to a 74 and you expect to be faster? :suspect:  ???  :p

Unfortunatly I didn't get any footage jeff, the cap did but his arm obscures most of it. :(

Well the secret line aint no secret now. :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

the secret line is impossible to use , when I use it I scrub off all my speed and come out the second corner like a snail  :bangshead:

how Pete b****y sling shots out there is beyond me

tho I will endevor to find the answer  :D

yeh my mistake I run a 76 today and should have dropped to a 74, I noticed I limited before you and you pull bottom of the straight same story through the ess"s.

76 is my wet sprocket, Ive been onm a 74 before and it still limits the same, a few weeks ago I decided a 72 may be the answer for dry, but thinking now with my weight It may bog on the 3 slow corners, reckon it would really get my boys times down though at 6 stone he aint gonna bog  :laugh:

Btw the kids have been sat down and instructed on the lines, they seemed to take it all in, Even ryan! they have viewed your video which echod what I had just explained.

here is a hopeful dad for next time  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:  :blush:

Btw the kids have been sat down and instructed on the lines, they seemed to take it all in, Even ryan! they have viewed your video which echod what I had just explained.

That translates into he went for the slipper and chased them round the house!!! :laugh:  :laugh:  :D  :D

There's no secret about the line, its common sense, but I aint telling you! :p

oh  .......... common sense ,,, then I need a fresh set of rubber

I may have the odd tyre to chose from  ;)

Can you buy them in sets of three?  :devil:

oh  .......... common sense ,,, then I need a fresh set of rubber

I may have the odd tyre to chose from  ;)

get your heads together see if you can blag some discount , Log needs a set also for his WF , Bridgestone YGL is what you want  :t-up: I need a set of bridgestone YGR wets too if Im doing the next race  :oops:

Yes was a very good day prob the best so far i think i need to change the spocket or just stay on the little track :devil:

good pics  :t-up:

not bridgestones but this may be a cheap alternative

new slicks

dunno what they are but at that money you may be better off with what youve got  :D  :oops: Bridgestones are the ones you will need if you plan on racing  ;)

oooh that was an expensive morning, just ordered a brand new Honda engine, sprockets, clutch, chain , all pipes and cables for little uns Kart £276 the lot  :laugh:  :xmas:  :xmas:

despite a couple of early teething problems  :oops: was well impressed with the conversion yesterday, found him a lot of time and reckon a lot more to come  , with all new parts should be reliable and give me more time to tinker with my kart  :D:t-up: