karts

JeffC

b****y hell they must be short legs mate  :p

what sort of grip will you get on those if its wet ??

kart looks tidy   :t-up:

think hed be better off with some of these

Z41498Q2c12576QQ_sacatZ121874" target="_blank">http://business.shop.ebay.co.uk/items....Z121874 :t-up:

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JeffC

• Pilot Pete

• slippy

• boblog

Top Posters In This Topic

b****y hell they must be short legs mate  :p

what sort of grip will you get on those if its wet ??

kart looks tidy   :t-up:

think hed be better off with some of these

Z41498Q2c12576QQ_sacatZ121874" target="_blank">http://business.shop.ebay.co.uk/items....Z121874 :t-up:

here's the Bishop karting crew no prizes for guessing me :D

All.jpg

why trying to find some on ebay are we Pete.  ;)  :D

Having a wee look. :D

Seem cheap enough, just dont have a clue what to buy.

evening Harv

going back to my original question if possible in brief  ;)

how will a stiff chassis react in the wet will it just struggle for grip even on super soft wets and if so why

in the wet you want the front bar in the rear bar out , you need to put about 4mm each side of toe out at the front ,and space the front hubs out as far as you can (should really use extended hubs , and the rear hubs in 10mm total from your dry setting .

you need the chassis to flex in the wet as you have no suspention , super soft wets around 12psi cold in the wet and they should be fitted to narrow 180mm rear rims 120 fronts ......

thats a start.

you also would beifit from raising the rear ride height in the wet to help weight transfer when leaning out .

hope thats short enough ?

so if I leave my set up as it is and only put my wet tyres on will I just under steer all over the track if it rains

remember I not looking for tenths of a second (well not yet anyway)

cheers

in the wet you want the front bar in the rear bar out

Fook me, thats what jeff's kart is running, seemed to turn in better than mine in the wet.

I had a hunch it was something to do with that bar. Its the only difference between our karts and seemed to be front end grip that differered in the wet.

in the wet you want the front bar in the rear bar out

Fook me, thats what jeff's kart is running, seemed to turn in better than mine in the wet.

I had a hunch it was something to do with that bar. Its the only difference between our karts and seemed to be front end grip that differered in the wet.

ohh bring on the excuses why don't ya  :devil:

bars smars, pedal extensions that's the future :laugh:

mark a dry setup with wets will handle like a total pig .... well if its properly wet ....  its all a gamble and its not 10ths ... whre i was last week wet to dry times were 10 seconds different , and thats with a decent setup and new tyres , as we never race on anything but fresh rubber wet or dry.

cheers Harv that's what I wanted to know

as I thought it's not worth messing about if a novice won't be able to tell the difference if your chasing tenths of a second

make note to self, copy coopers settings if it rains :D