karts

JeffC

was over the moon with my boys performance, I dont kid myself a lot of it was tyres but he is buzzing with battling with you lot  :cool:

heart was in my mouth when he started pushing it round the big corner and on lap 3 he eventually  came off , thought he was going through the barrier   :0  :0  :0  :0  :0 was a carbon copy of what Pete did  :D  :D

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JeffC

• Pilot Pete

• slippy

• boblog

Top Posters In This Topic

well what a weekend  , bruised an sore and with an engine problem , having ITN news crews to trip over everywhere didn't help and i declined the offer to stay and watch the GP as i was racing at Lewis old club ...... back there for me for the first time in 15years , exactly the year he started racing.

An engine that was a dog at slow speed and is back on the dyno tomorrow to see what the issue was , 8th on the grid for the final , carnage all around , dry then wet  it was like brazil ........ 3 laps from the end i hit a patch of water and mud thrown across the track from someone going off and laying 5th .... slid wide clipped a curb and threw the chain , game over .

At least TG is on at 8.

was over the moon with my boys performance, I dont kid myself a lot of it was tyres but he is buzzing with battling with you lot  :cool:

heart was in my mouth when he started pushing it round the big corner and on lap 3 he eventually  came off , thought he was going through the barrier   :0  :0  :0  :0  :0 was a carbon copy of what Pete did  :D  :D

He's got potential jefferey! Fair enough his tyre's were pretty good, but I noticed his lines were consistent, he was smooth and I reckon he'll be giving us all a good hiding soon! :D

weather was horrendous but b****y hell that was good fun,think I enjoyed that as much as the dry  :durr:  :D  

was intersting on the slicks this morning but  loads more grip that Sunderland  :oops: driving on  the wets is  something else  :cool:  realised why you boys were struggling once I had a go in Marks kart although better than the slicks not in the same street as the tyres I had on, well worth £30 a set  :t-up:  :t-up:

my  Kart went well just a little fluffing of the carb towards the end, need to make a air filter guard to stop the water getting in ,also  reckon I need to resprocket for the wet as was bogging down a bit due to not carrying speed, used Petes technique of driving round tghe outside of the corner which did help a lot  :t-up:  :t-up:  

Calling the Captain with the piccies  :D  :D

front hubs full yout ,in fact run extended long ones , rears all the way in ... remove the rear bar across the chassis loosen off everything , unbolt 3rd bearing , etcetcetc , the list goes on , if you thought a dry setup was trick , wet is far worse , loads to change

weather was horrendous but b****y hell that was good fun,think I enjoyed that as much as the dry  :durr:  :D  

was intersting on the slicks this morning but  loads more grip that Sunderland  :oops: driving on  the wets is  something else  :cool:  realised why you boys were struggling once I had a go in Marks kart although better than the slicks not in the same street as the tyres I had on, well worth £30 a set  :t-up:  :t-up:

my  Kart went well just a little fluffing of the carb towards the end, need to make a air filter guard to stop the water getting in ,also  reckon I need to resprocket for the wet as was bogging down a bit due to not carrying speed, used Petes technique of driving round tghe outside of the corner which did help a lot  :t-up:  :t-up:  

front hubs full yout ,in fact run extended long ones , rears all the way in ... remove the rear bar across the chassis loosen off everything , unbolt 3rd bearing , etcetcetc , the list goes on , if you thought a dry setup was trick , wet is far worse , loads to change

Harv, when you say loosen the rear bar, do you mean the "bumper" as a lamen like me would call it or something else?

Cheers

my kart has no bars to adjust,dont think your has either Pete  was much better shoving the front wheels right out  though :t-up:

ah .... no , the bar that goes across the chassis in fron of the bumper ..... got a picture of your chassis and i'll show you which ones you should remove ..... dry setup on wets is horendus

ah .... no , the bar that goes across the chassis in fron of the bumper ..... got a picture of your chassis and i'll show you which ones you should remove ..... dry setup on wets is horendus

Ours don't have them, but I know what you mean now, I can see where you would put one on. :t-up:

Harv, when you say loosen the rear bar, do you mean the "bumper" as a lamen like me would call it or something else?

Cheers

Pete,

I think Harv means the bar that i losen on the back which has the split it which gives the chasis more flex thus more grip however i think my tyres are shot or just far too hard i honestly don't think i can be that bad  :blush: . Try a set of thos other tyres and if they don't work the kart is up for sale :(

Ross

Pete,

I think Harv means the bar that i losen on the back which has the split it which gives the chasis more flex thus more grip however i think my tyres are shot or just far too hard i honestly don't think i can be that bad  :blush: . Try a set of thos other tyres and if they don't work the kart is up for sale :(

Ross

Yeah, I think we could put one in.

Ross, after trying dippy's kart, you have nothing to worry about, those tyre's will transform the kart and we'll be back on pace! :)

right chaps

race on next Saturday at Tinside , think you get 4 races for £30 entry , dont think you need anything just turn up and go with the correct tyres and correct weight  :t-up:

whos up for it  :oops:

right chaps

race on next Saturday at Tinside , think you get 4 races for £30 entry , dont think you need anything just turn up and go with the correct tyres and correct weight  :t-up:

Jeff,

What are the correct tyres?

Do you need a kart suit?

Regards

Ross

right chaps

not me  ... remember your 4 full test days ahead of most of us :suspect:

I feel I'm getting quicker every time out in the kart so a few weeks down the line I may be tempted :cool:

as for today slip sliding around was FUN FUN FUN

Ross chin up, new wets for all of us me thinks  :t-up:

mmmmmmm, dont think the wets we have/getting are eligible. :(

tempting though! ;)

mmmmmmm, dont think the wets we have/getting are eligible. :(

tempting though! ;)

no its not for me either, not just yet anyway.fancy putting the kids into it but they have a fair way to go yet so maybe next year ???  :suspect: ..

for the race was the wets you and Mark running on are they not the ones needed  ???  ???