• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JeffC

• Pilot Pete

• slippy

• boblog

Top Posters In This Topic

awaiting back word on opening time, used to be 8 bells but says 10.00 on the website now ???  ???  :suspect:

is it a full team out 2mrw then ?

my boy will be sharing my kart 2mrw as little un isnt so well.

edited to say gates open 9.30 track at 10

anyone notice this minter just come on ebay at tinside

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Pro-Kar....%3A1318

leaving home 9.00  

that gives me a good 2 hours sleep after night shift :oops:

Does anybody know if teeside have a tyre changing facility i have a slow puncture :down:

As far as I know,  yes. Jeff had some tyres swapped last time they were there..  :t-up:

The cost is currently £20 per kart (increasing to £30 for members, £40 for non members) in 2009.

:(  :(  :(

The cost is currently £20 per kart (increasing to £30 for members, £40 for non members) in 2009.

They've probably seen this thread!  :laugh:  :laugh:

Weather looking to be a bit dank, maybe an early bath to watch the F1 at 5pm?  :t-up:

weather was horrendous but b****y hell that was good fun,think I enjoyed that as much as the dry  :durr:  :D  

was intersting on the slicks this morning but  loads more grip that Sunderland  :oops: driving on  the wets is  something else  :cool:  realised why you boys were struggling once I had a go in Marks kart although better than the slicks not in the same street as the tyres I had on, well worth £30 a set  :t-up:  :t-up:

my  Kart went well just a little fluffing of the carb towards the end, need to make a air filter guard to stop the water getting in ,also  reckon I need to resprocket for the wet as was bogging down a bit due to not carrying speed, used Petes technique of driving round tghe outside of the corner which did help a lot  :t-up:  :t-up:  

Calling the Captain with the piccies  :D  :D

Well, some highs and lows today.

When the kart was working properley, it was good fun in the wet. Even though I was miles off the pace with our crappy tyre's, it was good fun getting full broadside all the way round the big corner! :D I had one rather large off on the small track which was "interesting". :D

Had a good couple of battles with Mark and Jeff's lad, but then the track got a bit too wet for our tyre's. I think they'd work well in the damp as shown on the 1st session, but not the wet.

Unfortunatly had some teething problems, the kart didn't take to the wet at 1st and started to cut out, seemed to be the plug/lead connection getting a bit damp. It was kinda there all day, if you let the engine off the boil it would stutter quite badly.

Thanks to bob and dippy for a go in his kart, I knew the tyre's would be better, but jesus christ, I didn't realise they'd be that much better! I quite liked the timer thing too, I only had about 5 laps in the kart but was consistently improving by about 0.2 every lap if I remember correctly, will have to get me one of those!

Adding insult to injury, the captains nearside rear brake seized on when we went to pull away. Thanks to ian for lending his hammering skills, we managed to get it free'd off but it kept coming back on. Eventually it stayed off and we gingerley drove home.

I think overall, a bit of a pants day, but I would have enjoyed it more with a decent set of tyre's, I just didn't realise they'd give that much of an advantage, new ones on order! :love:

weather was horrendous but b****y hell that was good fun,think I enjoyed that as much as the dry  :durr:  :D  

was intersting on the slicks this morning but  loads more grip that Sunderland  :oops: driving on  the wets is  something else  :cool:  realised why you boys were struggling once I had a go in Marks kart although better than the slicks not in the same street as the tyres I had on, well worth £30 a set  :t-up:  :t-up:

my  Kart went well just a little fluffing of the carb towards the end, need to make a air filter guard to stop the water getting in ,also  reckon I need to resprocket for the wet as was bogging down a bit due to not carrying speed, used Petes technique of driving round tghe outside of the corner which did help a lot  :t-up:  :t-up:  

Calling the Captain with the piccies  :D  :D

piccies are crap! :( not worth putting them up. :(  :(

Pics are crap, but here's the best of...

Cooper Jnr going very well today, just needs to get those hands down to the 7-25 position!  ;)  ;)

DSCF4198s.jpg

DSCF4202s.jpg

Just about dried out now..  :)  :)