karts

JeffC

swiss Auto is awesome, downside is they run very very grippy tyres which will bust your ribs first time out and biggest prob is  there are no grids for them, best ive seen all year is 3 and I know two of them have switched to rotax as there were none today  :oops:

I agree with rotax to many variables and those at the front today were over 1second quicker than the rest of the field  :0  :0  in the end one of them was disqualified for running imported tyres  ???  ???  :suspect:  :suspect:

So Ross when you getting your prokart then  ;)

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JeffC

• Pilot Pete

• slippy

• boblog

Top Posters In This Topic

That paint scheme looks  :cool:  Pete.

I reckon you should paint the radical like this:

porka.jpg

:t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:  :love:  :love:  :love:

That paint scheme looks  :cool:  Pete.

I reckon you should paint the radical like this:

porka.jpg

:t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:  :love:  :love:  :love:

I was thinking more lime green and black!

Ross

Pete paint job is awesome. You must be a good hand with a brush :D  :p  :D

Ross pro kart is cheapest, Rotax engines can be VERY pricey, if you don’t a top engine your nowhere  :durr:

Sounds like the boys did well, that’s a good day for Dan.

What’s wrong, slippy track, half a second slow compared to last time down  :sheep:

What’s wrong, slippy track, half a second slow compared to last time down  :sheep:

dunno Rockstead , just couldnt get under 50secs no matter what i did, was trying to think what I did in the race last month and seemd to think i managed a 50.00 , in the end i had to go to a pair of 70 sprockets to get it to go, was running  69s and couldnt get past 5800rpm, on 70s was hitting 6200rpm but times were the same  :suspect:  :suspect:  last time was hitting 6200rpm on 69s so it may be just my old engines were better  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :arse:

Forgot you’re on new engines  :arse:   will make all the difference. This is why I would like a complete kart with 1 season engines, so I don’t have to go through this 20 hour ‘getting them going’ phase & getting the ‘heads’ re-done.

I was thinking more lime green and black!

Ross

mazda.jpg

;)  ;)  ;)

Looks more like it  :cool:

Think i have decided definatley pro karts.

Just need to sell the biland to make space for another kart  :bangshead:

Ross

nowt off the forum like Ross? ebay may get you some interest  ???

Nah one guy was from Norfolk an bought a newer kart for more money. Another guy thought it had disks on the front and when it didn't wasn't interested.

Ross

Ross a few rotax miths explained ....

tyres , 2 meetings tops if you want to be at the front , however you need to be able to get your driving up to scratch as its ultra competitive.

Engines , 09 barrel on any engine will give you more than enough to be near the front .

rebuild once a year , anything from 500 quid to 1k depending on who you use .

chassis ..... being fair it will be a OTK derivative near the front in most clubs ....

their are tips and tricks which lop huge amounts of time off in all classes , your not going to find them on your own and nobody will tell you what they are for free .... get a team to run you for a while , you can concentrate on driving while they worry about setup , and you can find teams to run you for a 100 quid a weekend .

when you get up to speed ....

find a very good engine .

have a fresh chassis annually .

have someone decent to run you ,

and never race on tyres that have done a meeting .

always test the day before .

thats the basic recipe for doing well enough at rotax , and to be fair most classes , karting isn't a cheap sport ,and there are lots of circuit racing grids that are cheaper than rotax karting .....

and forget worrying about the slipping clutch , as it depends on the track ..... if you get from the clerk of the course that clutches are open ,and you hear them slipping (its very obvious) then just get on and load up the clutch drum with chain lube before tha race ....

if they say dry clutches then the wet clutch boys will get excluded.

that looks better Pierre  :t-up:  :t-up:

is there not room for a splash of blue somewhere  :oops:  :cool:

on the karting front went to tinside tonight for the sprint but rain stopped play or the lack of entrants did  :D

2mrw is looking promising according to the metcheck though , will poke head out of the curtains in the morn I think  :blush:  :oops:

that looks better Pierre  :t-up:  :t-up:

is there not room for a splash of blue somewhere  :oops:  :cool:

I'm guessing you must have a lot of blue paint the way you keep encouraging blue! :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

I tried red, white and blue earlier, I couldn't quite get a design to work, I'll keep giving it a go though, in fact, I'll modify this design, might look good if I just change the orange to blue.

if we are going to do it in basecoat you could add yellow to your scheme too  :oops:

have you seen that the sun is out chaps  :cool: