karts

JeffC

looks like the captain is bored  :laugh:  :laugh:

Mrs C said she saw you doing the weekly shop this morn  :oops:  :blush:  :D  :D

Yup, a full week's shop, £50.  :laugh: Me an' Pete are home alone this weekend, females are heading north of the border.  :t-up:

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JeffC

• Pilot Pete

• slippy

• boblog

Top Posters In This Topic

looks like the captain is bored  <!--emo&:laugh:  :laugh:

Yup, a full week's shop, £50.  :laugh: Me an' Pete are home alone this weekend, females are heading north of the border.  :t-up:

I didnt get off so lightly our full weeks shop always starts with a £2_ _  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:

buy your boy a Prokart for chrimbo Capt  ;)  :t-up:  :t-up:

looks like the captain is bored  <!--emo&:laugh:  :laugh:

I didnt get off so lightly our full weeks shop always starts with a £2_ _  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:

buy your boy a Prokart for chrimbo Capt  ;)  :t-up:  :t-up:

Yup, two stone of Weetabix dont come cheap!  :laugh:

Re Prokart,... er... no.  :zzz:  :zzz:

Help!!!!!!!!! six hours of set up changes, axle swaps, hub swaps, tyre pressures all over the place, wheels in wheels out and no faster :bangshead:  :bangshead: infact slower,,, oh and two pilots all day and same pace from both, what the feck do i try next  :(  :(                     pi---d off i am begining to hate teesside

easy one that Mr T jump on my kart follow young Benjamin and see where he is going wrong , or not as the case may be  ;)

gonna play 2mrw by ear, weather forecast looks canny but its s***e out there 2nite and new engines cant be run in the wet till they get a few hours on them   :(

easy one that Mr T jump on my kart follow young Benjamin and see where he is going wrong , or not as the case may be  ;)

gonna play 2mrw by ear, weather forecast looks canny but its s***e out there 2nite and new engines cant be run in the wet till they get a few hours on them   :(

rain stops play  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:

2mrw looks promising though  :oops:

Would them there side pods with me chicane of a pro kart. If so pete I'll take them to spruce mine up a bit

Scott, you wouldn't be able to put your cup of tea down on those blue pods.  ;)  ;)

Scottkart.jpg

...and there'd be nowhere to put the biscuits.  :D

Ah poop they'll be no good if i've got no where to put me tea and jaffa cakes  :down:  :down:  :down:

Sorry Pete no point me havin them if i need new brackets as was just thinkin it would tart it up cheap and make it look better when i get round to flea bayin the kart  :blush:

well the weather stops play again  :bangshead:  :bangshead:

hopefully 2mrw will be better, teesside msa racing 2mrw  :t-up: new wets for the Tkm just in case.. no set up done as yet as weather dependant  :bangshead:  :bangshead:

Ps. whats Ross doing now, heard plans of a scooby rally car during the week  :0  :0  :0

Yes I was interested in a rally car however i thought better of it!

However I have just got back from doing my first long circuit karting experience with a gearbox kart!  :oops:

The conclusion being after the first two sessions I was ready to pack in however I persevered and really enjoyed it especially the last two sessions. The acceleration is very good and the brakes are like hitting a brick wall however I am undecided as top weather this is the answer for next year! ( 250 national)

Ross

sounds a hoot so where was this then  :blush:  :laugh:

oh and didnt you hear  ???  ???

prokarts is where its at  :blush:  :blush:

slow is the new fast  ;)  :p  :p  :p

Also breaking news

not a spotted thread

I have confirmation that Little Mark is in fact still alive, his Missus called today for some bits for his Audi and I gingerly asked of his existance  :oops:  :blush: which she confirmed  , she asked me to see if anyone wants to buy his kart so she can use the shed  :oops: .

unless of course she wants us to think that he is still on the scene and is just putting us off the scent  and maybe his remains are in the shed (it was a small shed as I recall ) :suspect:  :suspect:  :suspect:

Pete I elect you to pop up to  investigate further  :p  :p

imho you have two choices ..

Rotax this gets you a lot of options to race, straight away you have teesside and w/law non msa and  if you go msa you could do the NKF, we may do this depending on how the brats get on over the next few months. only downside is costs for  the tyres situation to be at the sharp end.

Prokart.. you are stuck with w/law and teesside so thats 2 races a month which me and log hope to do. upside is you get to race us and costs are low tyres last years  :D  :D

will let you know next time im out practising and if you have time come and have a go in my pro, its a different kettle of fish to your old biz  :0  :0

tbh if I was In your boots and can afford a set of tyres every month I would prob go with Rotax  :t-up:  :t-up:  :t-up:

usual his and lows, dan had 3 cracking races finishing 2nd with lap times withing a couple of tenths of the lad leading. then goes and fecks up in the final and spends 9 laps trying to pass Mr defensive  :bangshead:  :bangshead: he passed him on the corner before the flag went out and finished 3rd and got a nice trophy  :t-up:

Ryan the total opposite started off s***e dilly dallying like miss Marple  so I gave him 10 - 0 :angry:  :angry:  and threatned him with a football and a pair of boots if he didnt get his act together , resulting in him getting his finger out and he had a couple of  good races not sure where he finished in the final but setting off from the back he got a fair way up,  :t-up:  :t-up:

after the race

well I must be just s***e  :blush:  racing finished early day and I goy 2 hours on track for a tenner so on track with the prokart i went  :t-up:  did 1 hours of testing including changing gearing and set up and I never went as quick as the kids on there cadets  :blush:  :blush:  best I manged was 50.26  :oops:  Dan jumped on and knocked a 48.5 out  :bangshead:  :bangshead:

That paint scheme looks  :cool:  Pete.

Back to karting.

Narrowed it down to Rotax, Swiss auto, Pro kart.

What puts me off Rotax is how much difference one engine can make and how much that one engine costs. There is also the fact someone is always pushing the boundaries against the rules undetectable tyre softener, oil/ grease in the clutch.

I don't know if this is the same with the swiss auto but from what i have read it doesn't