karts

JeffC

Well wot a day soaked to the skin since 8.45 :( , cold  :( and hungry :(  but really enjoyed it :p , two second places, one first and first in final and really good pace even in those conditions :p everyone desereved a medal as reward for their bravery...not the best day for team JC but keep yer heads up and move on , and by the way well done for last nights result, fantastic :D  :D the highlight of the day was James drive in the final, you missed a classic mrC,  i pi--ed myself for four laps in which he got lapped,he could not even crawl round a corner, and spun about 40 times and still came in smiling :D  :D  :D  :D  remind me never to let him make a tyre choice for us :D .....should have got driver of the day IMO which was won by Connor T..............................................fantastic James

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JeffC

• Pilot Pete

• slippy

• boblog

Top Posters In This Topic

fed and bathed and warmed through after the worst day we have had, dont what was wrong with my two, after a promising start they went back over bigtime,full marks to Ben he drove well.

tiptoes must be lining someones pockets up there to get  driver of the day , it should have gone to Mathew the tkm winner.

scott do you mean the governer? if so It will allready be removed

i the govenor. Had the tanks off to clean them out and there was a shaft going in through the top of the engine with an "r" pin on it. Thought this was part of the govenor for some reason.  Just thinkin about it they ran upto 5800rpm when they were dynoed

Well done Ben, this is now becoming "the norm!"  :t-up:  :t-up:

When can ben start to move up? I look forward to seeing him in something with a bit of pace, he obviously has talent! I have no idea where he gets it from  though! :p  :p  :laugh:  :laugh:

Unlucky team cooper, what exactly happened Jeff, just no pace in the wet?

I just wonder if TKM is maybe not dans thing, would something like rotax be better for him. He's a natural smoothy and from what I hear, a rotax requires a smooth hand. I honestly think dan has very good pace but maybe needs to be in something he's more comfortable with! He was so happy the other day in the pro-kart!

Ryan I think just needs more experience, he's shown at times that he's not afraid to race!

Sounds like James has carried on the log tradition:

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Eddie sorry didnt stay to watch the final , had enough by then, maybe should have stayed might have cheered me up   :oops:

Pete, I have confidence both of them have pace in dry conditions and at Rowrah in the monsoon conditions they were better than today , Dan over the last month or so has come on leaps and bounds showing tremendous pace at all the tracks he has been to, today in the wet he was all over the place, kart just wouldnt grip, dont know if it was his lines , the set up or tyres, the tyres are 2008 tyres so I know they were never going to be brilliant, when the track was a river he seemed to be on the pace qualified 6th out of 17. but just dropped off from there and the drier the track got the worse he got.

Rayn the same qualified 3rd then just went back over bigtime, he couldnt keep it on the track and was spinning like a top, we were running pretty much the same set up as ben and we were on wets with loads of tread but pace was nothing like, after 4 spins in the final he came in last. will have cost me £100 today to feel this p****d off, it has been pretty quiet in the Cooper house tonight I can tell you.

Thats the way it goes sometimes Jeff , don't dispare .

I didn't race at all today and yet still got soaked at the track , we did get a 3rd and a 4th in the awning today  ,and 2 off us are out with injuries till the new year ....

time to start thinking about how to get round the chass protector ban , maybe its something new thats not an OTK chassis.

i the govenor. Had the tanks off to clean them out and there was a shaft going in through the top of the engine with an "r" pin on it. Thought this was part of the govenor for some reason.  Just thinkin about it they ran upto 5800rpm when they were dynoed

Scott , you are right that is the govenor , there would have been a rod off it to the carb that restricts revs,  if you take the clutch off then the side casing you will see the govenor inside, its an easy job to remove the mechanical bit of it and for what it takes prob worth doing.

What A DAY ??? Had 4 good races, never spun, on my own:D:D, was turned twice by idiots making silly moves:angry::angry:.   Last race  :bangshead:       don’t ever let me pick my tyres again:bangshead::(:(. PS ALWAYS burn, destroy, through away OLD tyres:D, after 6 laps I could see the Elites coming, so stuck my hand up, kept to the outside of the track & came in,  I was doing  a good impersonation of a giro-scope:D:D. came in smiling:D Wet  :durr::durr:   when checking over the kart at the end of a race the water was running down my hands from INSIDE my suit:durr:. Got all the changes made for wet running, went out, end of the pit lane hit a puddle that seemed about a foot deep & was soaked straight away.

I am Very glad I did the race. Thanks for the complement Ian:laugh::laugh:

Well done to Ben, that was a season Grand Finally.

I think Young Strig was still suffering from his tummy bug, started well but his concentration & pace fell off through the day.

Dan had good pace in the very wet, but it fell off as the day slowly dried out.

Many thanks to JC for the help & pushing to get me out, & the rest of our little group  

More next season

there you go rse. sounds like a bargain :oops:

Wright R2 2006 chassis, with engines just overhauled by BLE.

Box trailer ready to go with 8 sets of rims all with tyres on plus spare tyres, pit board, spares, wired for power and including light, spare tyre for trailer. Trailer has roller shutter to back. 4 wheel braked trailer. Tyre racks in trailer. Storage boxes etc..

Photos available.

Price: £3500

Tel: 07720036063

LOL you are having a laugh arn't you jeffery

trailers worth a grand unless a 6 month old minter , same again top wack for the kart and bits .

2k or less is on the money.

aye the one Ive just bought is an 08 R2 and was well under half that with 2 strong motors, boxes of spares, 5 sets of rims/tyres and a brand new alfano  pro :xmas:  :xmas:  :xmas:

but thinking of  heading to Rpm later in the week to take a look at a couple of SP motors for it  though , I will need some top spec motors to mask my lack of talent  :blush:  :blush:  :blush:  :down:  :down:  :down:  :sheep::oops: