karts

JeffC

Hi, not read the whole 194 pages, but what I have read is good!

What classes of karts are you all racing in and how much do you reckon a reasonable budget for a season is?

Cheers

well this year Ive sampled

world formula

Rotax

short blast on a Biland

kids racing in Honda cadet and older lad now in junior Tkm.

we set off cheap  :blush:  :blush: but I reckon including buying everything we need Ithink I will have spent circa £20k but would expect to get half of that back when we pack in , we have had some fun along the way but equally had some tears (kids not me  :D  :D ) although I have shouted and screamed a fair bit  :mad:  :mad:

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JeffC

• Pilot Pete

• slippy

• boblog

Top Posters In This Topic

the guy who beat me runs Adrenaline motorsport , carl churchil  one of the super one boys was in front at the start but we took him , the guy who should have won was 4 tenths quicker , but his motor blew ..... its not the first one that has this year , which raises a few eyebrows as to what he's up to .....

and the guy who won started 2nd .... i started 6th , his fastest lap was only a 10th quicker than mine ..... maybe i needed a longer race .

having driven quite a few laps on a Rotax I will give you some respect for that then, Im 100% confident  I would have ever got anywhere near the front on my Rotax, the front lad up here finishes over half the track ahead of everyone else  :0  :0  :0

so are you the oldest dog on the grid down there then harv  :oops:  :D

Sounds like ts just as expensive as racing stockhatch or locosts tbh!

stockhatches and locosts are way cheaper if you want to be at the front ..... trust me .

so are you the oldest dog on the grid down there then harv  :oops:  :D

i think we have worked out that i am the oldest in 177 bar one guy ,who trundles around at the back but enjoying himself ....

It really is getting tough , sitting here again today in a fair amount of pain .

this meeting saw 3 guys not racing who are all in their 20's due to rib damage , our circuit is punishing for that  and its alot of corners so your on the go the whole lap ....

20k Cooper :suspect:  :0  :suspect:  :0  :suspect:

we have done some track time though biglad, kids have raced pretty much every weekend and practised on another day during the week,new  engines /tyres/ engine rebuilds/accident repairs/sprockets/carbs/  chassis repairs/jigging it all adds up, when I fill the jerry cans up it costs £35 and when I was running the Rotax with them we would trough that easily in a day, then 2 stroke oil to buy on top of that ..

2 race entries is £70 and some weekends I was racing as well  so with the fuel and bits and bobs you have blown £150 thats without sticking £70 diesel in the van and driving all over the country and  without damaging anything racing  :bangshead:  :bangshead:

then ive bought 2 sprinter vans this year and kitted them out ,just think what would happen  If mrs c ever saw this thread  :oops:  :0  :0  :0

I guess you're a bit of an odd case thos Jeff in that youre running essentially 3 full Karts, so your costs will seem expensive, but are less than 3x the cost of a single season.

yeh running one would be so much easier and cheaper!  the cost will definatley depend on what class you race in and more importantly how seriously you want to be up the front, we set off having a bit of fun on a Sunday and that was £20 each all day plus fuel..

how that seems such a long time ago now  :oops: and when I watch how slow our Dan was dawdling round in a W60 cadet lapping in 1min 20 seconds to see him now in his Tkm pushing the top lads lapping in 45seconds its quite rewarding just not sure its worth spending £20k  :oops:  :D

I guess you're a bit of an odd case thos Jeff in that youre running essentially 3 full Karts, so your costs will seem expensive, but are less than 3x the cost of a single season.

don't kid yourself , 20k is a small amount to run 3 Karts  i recon club level in rotax max is 7 to 10k and that does not include buying kit ....

bying a decent rotax outfit and kitting yourself out with the bits you'll want is proberbly 3 to 4k second hand .

i recon club level in rotax max is 7 to 10k and that does not include buying kit ....

calling Mrs Harv to the karting thread   :oops:  :oops::D  :D  :D

Im yet to get involved with anything that has wheels on each end or breasts  that doesnt end up costing  small fortunes  :oops:  :D  :D

i recon club level in rotax max is 7 to 10k and that does not include buying kit ....

calling Mrs Harv to the karting thread   :oops:  :oops::D  :D  :D

Oi shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

she gets to drive around in an S4 cab , and go on holiday in america over christmas

and she admires the size of the trophys

dscn0088.jpg

and this is the sight of a man in so much pain he is crying in park ferme

dsc0177zo.jpg