• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JeffC

• Pilot Pete

• slippy

• boblog

Top Posters In This Topic

looks Good Slip  :t-up:  :t-up:

weve just got back from the weekend away at Wombwell doing the "dangler of the north" , Ben got 1st winning a large dangler   :0  :0  they do strange things in Barnsley  :oops: Ryan just missed the 2nd place dangler and got third but unfortunatley  no dangler for 3rd place  :sheep: had a very inconsistant weekend with him  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  Dan practised on the Saturday and was absolutley flying matching the super one drivers pace within 1/10th  :cool:  :t-up:  Couldnt let him race today though as ive done my arm in again and couldnt face  liftin/startin him 2day again :bangshead:  :bangshead: need to find some money to switch to junior rotax and the joys of push button starting  :arse:

Mr T ive mailed you some pics across ;)

IMG_1357.jpg

FAO: JeffC

I told you about this fiesta XR2 that was £7500

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1200671.htm

Sounds expensive, but look at the time its done round croft:

http://www.darlington-motor-club.org.uk/datafil....rds.pdf

See, David Pearson - Its his old car.

1.35!!! :0  :0  :0

If you want to race in class D, and seriously whoop everyone, I'm telling you, this is the car to do it!

1.43 round cadwell as well, slightly quicker than the saxo!

how come they havnt got my name on the lap record for class E   :mad:  :mad:  :mad:  :arse:  :arse:

couldnt see me giving 7.5k for a £200 Fiesta no matter how quick it was :durr:  :oops:  ???  :sheep:  :sheep:

couldnt see me giving 7.5k for a £200 Fiesta no matter how quick it was :durr:  :oops:  ???  :sheep:  :sheep:

And that is where you shall fail! :bangshead:  :oops:

The last race entry is looking superb, back upto 2 races in the NSSCC and some old hands are back in.

Class D scares the s**t out of me, might come fookin last! :0  :0  :0

Oh my giddy gante, look whats just come up for sale:

Race/ hillclimb VTEC Challenge car - huge spec

I'm selling the CRX racecar, as I want the two things it can't give me - more rubber on the road and more torque. For eligibility in the series I do it has to be a B16 NASP, and it is reaching the point of having to spend a lot to get in front of the big boys. I'm sad to see it go, but a new project and lack of space is forcing my hand.

The car is running, ready and competitive now - it's NOT a project. It is a very recognisable car, people everywhere spot it and know its history. It is also a very pretty little race car.

Whoever buys this will get my full support and the benefit of my infinite wisdom, I have nothing to hide with this car and I am sorry to see it go.

This car was supposedly built by Barwell Motorsport for the Challenge, where it was campaigned by Simon Baker and later Grant Elliott. It then did Super Coupe Cup in the hands of Steve Alderton, from whom I bought it. Apparently (it is hard to trace the history) the car won both the Challenge and Super Coupe, although this is hearsay to an extent - Barwell had a fire and a lot of their records were lost.

I bought the car in early 2006 in Challenge spec, with a D16 and open diff. In 2007 we fitted a B16, Y2 and a Quaife ATB diff. In 2008 we rebuilt the top end, skimmed the head and went for Skunk2 cams and intake. In 2009 we left it alone pretty much, and it is as reliable as it ever was. The only failures we've had have been run of the mill things - clutch (stock), driveshaft (stock), wheel bearing, transmission (broken) and a dodgy head gasket that failed through poor manufacturing.

Currently the car is eligible for just about any circuit race or speed series, it is entered in Dunlop Motorsport News, BARC Tintops, Midland Speed Championship and SEMSEC. In race form it has always been up with the Minis and 205s for handling, and on the hills it is a quick and nimble car that does not embarrass me other than my own shortcomings.

Since 2006 this car has raced at: Lydden, Brands Hatch, Silverstone GP, Goodwood, Rockingham, Castle Combe, Cadwell Park, Loton Park, Shelsley Walsh, Prescott, Curborough, MIRA, Harewood, Croft, Santa Pod, North Weald, Hethel, Bentwaters Park, Debden and Snetterton.

The car is incredibly well set up, the shell is seam welded and gussetted, the cage and strut braces are triangulated into the shell and it is as stiff as hell. I'd go as far as to bet this is the best-handling NASP Challenge car there is, I've never seen one look more sure in the corners. It was weighed on the test bed at MIRA at 840kg in race trim.

*Please note that the pictures below don't show all the mods to the car, some engine bay stuff has been tidied and sorted out (such as the fpr) and the distributor changed.

Full spec:

Shell & Panels

1988 ED9 16v, prepared by Barwell Motorsport

Fully seam welded

Turrets strengthened and gussetted

Engine mounts removed and rewelded (20mm back)

Challenge spec cage, welded and bolted. Triangulated onto front suspension, stiffened at B posts

Door inner skins removed

Bonnet webbing removed

Rear hatch stripped, upper and lower glass replaced with Lexan

Rear side windows Lexan

250mm deep chord twin element adjustable rear wing (currently not fitted)

Mechanicals

B16A1, stock bottom end

.040" head skim

Mild polish

ITR valves, springs and retainers

Skunk2 Pro2 Cams (new 2008)

Piper Cam gears (2008)

Cropped cam cover

Skunk2 Pro Series inlet (2008)

Skunk2 70mm billet TB (2008)

BMC CDA carbon air intake (ducted into front bumper) on Samco hoses

Baffled sump

OBD1 conversion

NEW TD77U distributor (2009)

Magnecor 8.5mm leads

Tuner Toys 450cc injectors

B16A2 fuel rail

The car is using a P30 ECU with Hondata S300, and has the facility to log and download. This was fitted in 2009, and the car was mapped (albeit as an interim) at Santa Pod on a wideband by Mark Eley. The car really needs to go on a dyno and have a full map as there is a little flatspot just prior to VTEC engagement, but the map that's in is very good and produces good results.

B18 2.5" 4-1 exhaust manifold with 4-wire Lambda

Custom 2.5" straight-through exhaust, single silencer in fuel tank well. Built for the car in Stainless, mandrel bent and welded by Powerspeed Exhausts. (fitted 2008)

Y2 rebuilt 'box, replaced bearings

Quaife QDF1U ATB diff (new 2008)

Exedy cerametallic HD clutch and super duty pressure plate

Raxles (currently only one fitted due to damaged inner spline)

Recon radiator

HD conversion mounts

Suspension

Bilstein adjustable height coilovers

Various springs (currently 250lb front, 800lb rear)

Spring preloaders and 'bottom out' stops

Rebushed all round

Welded and triangulated front upper strut brace - bolts through bulkhead

Challenge rear upper brace

Modified rear ARB, rehung

Std front ARB

Suspension travel limiters

Modified and seam welded crossmembers - steering rack member was replaced, gussetted and seam welded in 2008

Front crossmember cut and triangulated into a 'picture frame' to allow strength in an accident and more space in front of the engine (for proposed turbo conversion)

Brakes

Front: Ford M16 pattern Girling calipers on Challenge brackets

Citroen CX vented discs (2008)

Yellowstuff pads (2009)

Rear: Standard 16v, EBC Green Stuff pads

Wilwood adjustable bias in cockpit

Silicone fluid

Goodridge braided lines

Fuel System

Custom 22.5 litre baffled aluminium tank, mounted inside cockpit on rear seat (tank has a 2l sump to avoid surge)

Boxed, vented and splash bowl fitted, box top Dzus fastened down

Walbro 280l/hr external pump

Braided fuel hose (2008)

Electrical

Engine and car looms unpicked, stripped and rewound

New marine-grade plugs fitted to remove old Honda plugs

Varley Red Top 25 mounted on passenger floor (2008)

Andersen Plug for slave battery

Headlights (full beam only)

Rear lights

FIA Approved Rain Light

RollCentre Lap Timer

Omex sequential shift light (set to 8800)

Interior

Motodrive GRP seat - extremely light and snug, although I'm a fat git

TRS FIA harness valid to 2011

Mountney Alpha suede wheel

Faria temperature gauge on carbon plate

Dash top/ clocks retained

Cutoff switches on carbon plates

Lifleline 2.25l dual-area fire extinguisher, serviced 2009

Wheels and tyres

Compomotive CX 6J x 14 rims (we have 12!)

Avon 6.5/21.0/14 crossply (hillclimb) (2009 but done a season)

Dunlop SP 770 radial slicks (circuit racing) (2008 but poor condition)

Avon A61 6.0/21.5/14 crossply (new and not fitted to rims)

Advan A048 M (Used as wets for ONE hillclimb) (2008)

The car made 180+ on a Dastek dyno with a misfire and a 7.5k rev limit - following the curing of the faults I would be happy to quote figures of 190+ for the car. I'm sure Mark E would back me up on this, after all it's been his tune alone since the start of 2008.

There is a bunch of stuff I've forgotten, over the years we have replaced things like TREs, bushes, RTAs, panels and things. The engine was a bare block build in 2008 and has been fully rebuilt with new gaskets etc.

Now the bad bit:

This is a racing car. It is not, has never been and could probably never be a road car. There is so much missing (wiring, fuel tank etc) that you'd have to be a lunatic to want to do that.

It is 21 years old, and has raced for at least 20 of those years. It is old, it is scruffy and it is far far far from perfect. Please do not consider that this is a minter, we are clubman racers on a tight budget and have done things to get us through our seasons.

The panels don't line up at the front, the spare wheel well looks like a relief map of the moon and the underside was been worn smooth by excursions over the grass.

The car was repainted in 2008 to tidy it up, although it was a quick blowover in between races and is not a wonderful job. It looks great from 6 feet away.

The car has a mass of spares, including dampers, panels and engine parts. There is also a VT front end to be sold with the car (inc plastic headlights) as the current bumper and bonnet are showing the signs of age and a trip into the tyre wall in the wet at Harewood.

Car can be viewed in Kent, it is competing for the remainder of the season in the Midland Speed Championship but I can arrange viewings/ brief tests etc if anyone wants. I would strongly advise viewing, as this ad *might* look rose tinted to the uninitiated.

This car is on the button and ready to race - put fuel in and go. It is a very very quick B16 CRX, and in circuit racing it punches above its weight. For an entry into circuit racing, it's as cheap and competitive as you'll get.

£4500 ono

A few pics (mpstly old, I can take pictures for those interested):

DSC00148.jpg

DSC00173.jpg

IMG_0748.jpg

0605071164.jpg

:love:  :love:  :love:

TW*T

Nowt to do with me mate, only just came up for sale, never thought I'd see this car up for sale to be honest.

Got me thinking! :xmas:  :xmas:  :xmas: