karts

JeffC

This weekend i am at the Ace of Cllubs meeting at whilton Mill there are rissy and the 3 slappers clubs cooming south , 16 clubs in total , wil be interesting.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JeffC

• Pilot Pete

• slippy

• boblog

Top Posters In This Topic

sounds like a recipe for disaster Harv :oops:  oh and what the devil you doing up at 5.30  :0  :0

Pete i havnt renewed my msa licence this year so cant do this weekend, unless I made myself look 5 years older and used your licence  ;)  :oops:

sounds like a recipe for disaster Harv :oops:  oh and what the devil you doing up at 5.30  :0  :0

Pete i havnt renewed my msa licence this year so cant do this weekend, unless I made myself look 5 years older and used your licence  ;)  :oops:

Cheeky fooker! :laugh:

Here you go slipp:

Honda Civic

Hmm 3rd one down now, yeh

Must warn you slipp, thats probably not a vtec. The front end is a mismatch of vtec bumper and 16v lights and bonnet. Looks like it has drums on the back as well so possibly 1.5DX. mmmmm, possibly the lightest shell you can get but if is the 1.5 it'll be on carbs, so if you want to go injection, could be a mare. BUT, stick a 1.6 16v motor in (130bhp standard) and add your weber's, you could be looking at somewhere towards 150bhp without doing anything serious to the engine.

For your info, engines in a MK2 crx looked like this:

B16A/B16A1 (1.6 16v vtec 150bhp)

Used_Honda_B16a_Engine.jpg

D16A9 (1.6 16v - 130bhp)

post-19242-1208889917_thumb.jpg

D15B (1.5 16v dual carb - 105-115bhp)

1225079618_1.jpg

There's possibly some other rarity's but they're the main ones. :t-up:

Oh, BTW, I'm in a 24 hour kart race at teesside from tomorrow lunchtime till sunday lunchtime. :D  :t-up:

You must be mad mate, that said I'm off on a blind date dressed as one of the 118 blokes ??????:laugh:

I was lookng at purely from a shell point of view then drop an EK9 in ;)

You must be mad mate, that said I'm off on a blind date dressed as one of the 118 blokes ????

I was lookng at purely from a shell point of view then drop an EK9 in ;)

Yep, that was my plan, the B16B is the most powerful stock 1.6 you can get as far as I know, so made sense to me. You'll just have to do something about 5th gear, check

out to see what I mean!

Sticking the civic on the rollers tomorrow morning to see what it does!

Well the civic made a 166bhp which is about right I suppose, was hoping it would be over 170bhp but it is what it is.

Done me 24 hour kart race, absolutly shattered now. Did 5, 1 hour stints, so 5 iron mans. I think one was at 2pm, next 7pm, then 12pm, 5am and 10am. It was only in a crappy hire kart and it was a bit of a duff one but it was really good fun.

Anyone fancy building a kart and forming a team for next year? :D

Ace of Clubs this weekend with clubs from the whole country converging on whilton mill.

i won't bore you all to much but qualified 11th missing the top 10 super pole by 7 thousandths

worked my way foward in the 2 heats to start 7th in the pre final only to get fired off on the first corner ....

started the final well back , wets on a drying track ..... up to 11th by lap 4 a picking people off 1 by 1 .... race red flaged , on lap 5 and game over .... 11th ..

if only . !!!

Very cleen to talk to you about the race & a team. Did fancey doing it this year but work  & funds have bean a problem,  :angry: Now I have my kart in order & moving up the sprint grids, would be clean to start on a new kart. Always like the longer race at the end at Warden Law :D

Very cleen to talk to you about the race & a team. Did fancey doing it this year but work  & funds have bean a problem,  :angry: Now I have my kart in order & moving up the sprint grids, would be clean to start on a new kart. Always like the longer race at the end at Warden Law :D

I think a 6 driver team with a few helpers would be ideal. It would keep the stints comfortably apart, not killing the drivers too much so would be fun. I dont think it was too expensive, I didn't pay anything for this one as it was last minute and I took someones place, but I heard each team member paid something like £180, so not bad.

If we all chipped in to build a stonking kart and get some spares, we'd have a good shot at finishing quite high up the field.