• Pilot Pete

• slippy

• boblog

Top Posters In This Topic

:sheep:

Morning Mr C.

How did 'da boys' get on yesterday?

BTW: Some teesside tubage:

ryan did as well as I could expect him to on a not good track he managed a 50.3 think Ben popped in a 50.2  was decent racing and Ryan was consistant, but Dans performance was s***e  and dunno what or why :bangshead:  :bangshead:

World formula grid is growing well at Teesside, I quite fancy making a return to it, with all the s**t ive had with Tkm chassis and lack of funds to run my Rotax I really wish hadnt sold the Monza now  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:

Pete you have done my head in completely to the point where I am now researching to see in I can fit a EK9 will fit in a Honda Beat  :suspect:

Or worse still a 1.6 Punto Sporting engine in to a Seicento

Pete you have done my head in completely to the point where I am now researching to see in I can fit a EK9 will fit in a Honda Beat  :suspect:

Or worse still a 1.6 Punto Sporting engine in to a Seicento

Slipp,

I completely forgot about this car:

http://s283.photobucket.com/albums....%20sale

Its a CRX Del Sol with a cage welded in. He reckons its been built to FIA standard but needs inspecting/certifying.

Engine will be 160bhp minimum, poly bushed suspension, big brake conversion.

£2500

I think thats your car matey! Would look different and its basically the same floorpan as my car I think. Would just need a fire extinguisher and cut off switch's!

Fiat would be a nightmare, honda beat idea is a good one although I dont think you can have mid engined! :(

Where is he at mate ?

Its on the CRX Forum, doesn't have a location so I'm guessing well south. The full advert is:

1992 Honda CRX Del Sol DOHC VTEC 160BHP

Our original plan was to take this car to track days but we have since got involved in karting so it is now up for sale. We have spent a lot of time and money preparing this for track use, making it both safe and reliable. A great deal of time and effort was spent fitting a custom roll cage. The cage was made to our specification to make it look aesthetically pleasing and as least intrusive as possible but still able to serve its main purpose of protecting you, if the worst happens. It has also been stitched into the shell to give the car more rigidity for better handling. To my knowledge it's not possible to buy a roll cage for the Del Sol, (maybe you can in Japan?) making this quite a unique feature for this car.

The car is not in mint condition, it does have a few knocks and scrapes but overall we think it does look rather good painted in white with black trim, which seems to be the colour of choice for many hot hatches and super cars right now. It has also been dry stored in a garage for over a year while it was being prepared.

The details are as follows.

1992 UK VTI Car with the desirable DOHC VTEC engine

97,000 miles (Need to check as can’t remember)

Alarm immobiliser

Engine/Gearbox

B16A2 DOHC VTEC Engine (standard tune is 160BHP)

Fuel Pressure Boost Valve

DC Sports Induction Kit

Type R tubular manifold

New spark plugs, motor sport fully synthetic oil, oil filter.

Gearbox oil replaced with Landrover MTF

New clutch fluid

Aftermarket Back Box

De-cat pipe

P30 Standard unmodified ECU

Suspension

Bushes replaced with poly upgraded alternative (polyflex)

Lowered 30mm on Eibach springs

New top arm

Brakes

MG ZS180 front discs and callipers (new discs and Pads)

Standard Del sol rear discs

New DOT 5 fluid

Interior

Fully welded in custom roll cage manufactured with FIA specified CDS tube.

Stripped Interior

Fibreglass backed bucket racing seats

Sabelt 4 point, quick release harnesses attached to eye bolts and Roll Cage

Custom Alloy door cards

Exterior

Black side skirts and rear arch extensions

Black 5 Spoke alloy wheels fitted with Toyo tyres (loads of tread on them)

All the above work has been carried out by professionals with qualifications in either Engineering or vehicle mechanics.

The car currently has no Tax or MOT but we are confident that it would pass an MOT test. As I have said above, when we were preparing this car it was to take it to track days and we made sure that everything was capable of doing this so an MOT should not be a problem. If the car sells for a reasonable amount we could arrange to put a new MOT on it, if required.

There are a few spares available if a buyer requires them. Off the top of my head I can remember there is a set of 4 wheels with tyres. Not in great condition but maybe of use for spares, Centre consol if you wish to put it back in, Original brake callipers and discs.

Please follow the link below for many more photos of the car.

" target="_blank">http://s283.photobucket.com/albums....i]

I got his e-mail addy though:

stzz@hotmail.com

Seem to tick the boxes mate but Funbob informs me it's the wrong shape for racing ???

I think they're perceived to be a bit flimsy with the targa roof which from what I've heard, they are. However the cage should cure that. They will generally be a bit heavier though being a convertible.

The Mk2 CRX is probably the better starting point than the del sol, but its probably better than the civic as well, I'm not complaining though! :cool:

What have you started Pilot :(

Just make the commitment slipp, I promise you'll have a good time! :t-up:

Be class for away races if there's me/cap, og and your good self, would be good craic! :t-up:

It would be good craic mate no doubt, it would be like Cadwell but with a bit of door banging

Think I will wait till the end of the season and see if any 'packages' come up for sale ;)