karts

JeffC

Jeff, my boy had same problem. In fact it is very common in Cadet/Junior karting.

Be patient, offer encouragement certainly don't be hard on him, time will allow things to change.

One thing I did with my lad, was get him to focus on the gap, thus look beyond the kart in front of him, concerntrate on the space around that kart.

and then the trouble is Iain that they get to seniors and its gone the other way ... and carnage ensues

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JeffC

• Pilot Pete

• slippy

• boblog

Top Posters In This Topic

Loving it and puttin the youngsters to shame , have had to go through a lot of pain and sweat to be at the front again but i really am loving it all over again.

just had a conversation with the guy that runs the race team I bought our chassis off, he also reckons he sees it all the time with new drivers, he advised to save money on practice and get him into as many races in his tkm as possible and bum in the seat time will fetch him on  :sheep:

I ****** told you so! ease up on the lad! :p

Your just like competetive dad:

Very good pics of the weekend Mr. C  :D (or is it Mr. Bailey now :sheep: ), glad you kept the ones of me without suit & helmet off the board, this time :angry: . Had a very good time, up 13 places on the grid in qually this month. Dan looks like he is now a bit scarred of damaging his chassis after that shunt testing did so much damage, I was shocked at the amount of damage that was done (being a “tractor” driver we don’t get it so bad). Probably needs a bit of time & confidence to get back into it. Have to agree with others that race-craft can only be learnt by racing, not by testing.

Logs race was fantastic, until the race was stopped, avoided trouble (unusual :D )  & moved up 7 or 8 places, restart was a disappointment, sent back to the back. Dippy, another fast driver without the elusive race-craft, (can’t say that much, only racing for 6 months, but have done a LOT of overtaking :D )

Had a laugh at the end of the day, was packing up when this kid (about 13) came & apologised for running into me, was puzzled at first then realised that at one point could in the race I could see a kart in my left eye, about a foot in the air riding on my rear tyre. At the time I thought OK, but kept my foot hard down thinking he will fall off.

Thank you to all who helped at the weekend.

Roll on next round

I think Dippy is going to leg you into helping him build up the spare Prokart in the shed so he can come and join you in prokart racing   :oops: I thought about it for Dan but ive been advised to leave him on the tkm  :suspect:  :suspect:

Heading over to race at Rowrah with the kids this weekend me thinks  :t-up:  :t-up:

just had a conversation with the guy that runs the race team I bought our chassis off, he also reckons he sees it all the time with new drivers, he advised to save money on practice and get him into as many races in his tkm as possible and bum in the seat time will fetch him on  :sheep:

I ****** told you so! ease up on the lad! :p

Your just like competetive dad:

that looks familiar  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:

Yes Dippy rang me, should be a good kart, Ben won on it.

Needs a bit of a shopping list of parts, then may need to borrow laser-liner for the front end :D . if thats OK

i have a set of sniper lasers for sale if you want em .... 60 quid plus postage up that way , i have had to buy new ones as we now have the 25mm stubs , so they are surplus and you'll need em all the time .

i have a set of sniper lasers for sale if you want em .... 60 quid plus postage up that way , i have had to buy new ones as we now have the 25mm stubs , so they are surplus and you'll need em all the time .

send us a pic of them harv , mine are sniper but have an iffy laser on one its difficult to see unless you are in a dark place  :arse:  and may be as cheap to replace than repair  :t-up:

wots the side nob for  :blush:  :blush:

Ps I will have them , Ive no plans to buy a kart with 25mm stubs....   :D

one knob locks them to the shaft .... (ooh err) and the one at the back turns the laser on and off , i'll find a box and i'll mail them up to you ,

don't think that tkm are allowed 25mm stubs are they ?

i also have a nice tyre/wheel rack the same as the one demon theives sells but with heavier duty casters , great for the man with many caterham type wheels ;)

like this

http://uk.images.search.yahoo.com/images....ck=http

I only have one set of wheels for ceaser thats the ones thats on it  :D  :D

should really get a friendly member to put it on the for sale section as it should go to a good home , its currently disassembled and lying against the garage wall ... i am sure someone wants to store 4 sets of wheels and tyres.