karts

JeffC

Trophy time for me to today JC ..... i am a happy bunny as the luck went our way as well as being dam quick.

ribs hurt , feel ill , b****y tired.

but happy

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JeffC

• Pilot Pete

• slippy

• boblog

Top Posters In This Topic

b****y tired.

you wuss  ;)  my kids came in wolfed tea down then went out on there bikes and played football for another 3 hours  :laugh:

wasn't a first but a sizable pot for 4th (impressed with the trophy size)

first 3 right on the weight limit .... me 5kgs over , and it was another nose to tail thousandths in it nail biting 20 lap final ......

i hurt so much its making me want to throw up ..... time to hit the gym again.

you wuss  ;)    my kids came in wolfed tea down then went out on there bikes and played football for another 3 hours  

young mans game me thinks  :oops:  :down:

Had a very good day :D. Kids are fantastic to watch, all three of them dicing it up, especially Dan in the final passed six, one was a good 4 seconds in front which he catch up and passed in three laps  :D .

I go with what a lot of people say that ‘new tyres make all the difference’, took 1.5 seconds off best time. In qually transponder did not work, was black flagged & told with 3 minutes of qually left :bangshead: , dashed to pits, got a coarse transponder, & second & lap, all I had time for, got a 101.9, pro karts go from qually straight to race up there, Thanks to the rest of the karters I go with for their help

what a day :D , well done Ben ,Ryan Dan and well done rock steady good racing all day ...Dan great pace, qually 4th with 1 lap, result does not relate to your true optimum position :) , Ryan qually 5th better than Ben then solid job all day :)  ,Ben 3rd,5th,4th 4th in final should have been 2nd in heat3 :angry:  and final could then have been different, rock steady mint to watch :D  :laugh:  up to 18th out of 30 at one point well done all, any pics pete?

Well done kids!  :t-up:  :t-up:

Camera batteries did indeed die.

Here's the few I got.  :t-up:

DSCF6839s.jpg

DSCF6833s.jpg

DSCF6840s.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

well my new camera has arrived this morning so expect some dodgey karting pics for 2mrw  :oops:  :blush:  :durr:  could do with some instruction from elcapitain on how to use it !! :blush:  :blush:

is this the future  :oops:  child number 3 sits in dans Tkm   :D  :D

IMG_0355.jpg

s**t day really captain, Dan wasnt on the pace that I expected him to be , he was complaining that it wont hold on the quick corners and wont turn into the tight corners, doesnt appear to be  the same since it was t*****d last week  :down:  :down:  I feel as low as yer grannys nipples with the karting job  I can tell you  :(  :(

Ryan was steady nothing astounding really, he seemed to be struggling again in the first few laps, then finds his feet and he is away.  :suspect:  :suspect:

just been on karting site as the results are up and Dan isnt as far off the pace as I thought but pretty sure he would have been faster and something is amiss with the kart  :(

I think me camera needs a bigger lense, I couldnt get close enough to get any decent pics. think I may need some input on what all the buttons do  :durr:  :durr:

close up shots are spot on as yo would expect   :durr:

IMG_0387.jpg

Mr T raving  :D

IMG_0371.jpg

IMG_0410.jpg

distance ones not so good

IMG_0399.jpg

Jeff, not knowing much about karts but knowing a little about metal, I would say that chassis will be pretty much goosed now. Even if the weld is good and it is physically the same, it probably wont be doing what it should be. I think you need to delv into your pockets again!  :(  :(  :(

I think me camera needs a bigger lense, I couldnt get close enough to get any decent pics. think I may need some input on what all the buttons do  :durr:  :durr:

Just do your usual Coop and buy a bigger and better one then change it back in a months time  ;)

green ... cough ......viper cough ....... you know it makes sense .....

but bad luck , didn't realise he had had a huge shunt , 6mm out is bad but it can normally be rejigged for not a silly amount .

and you said those green ones were soft !!!

i have also found out there are green ones and then there are green ones depending on what the chassis number starts with .... mine is in the group that are s**t hot ....

anyway think how good it will be when he finally wins , and it could be worse he could be doing Jr rotax?

are they both racing MSA now.

yep both Msa racing Harv  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :D

and Yep he had a big accident  :( We were out practising 2 Fridays ago, Dan was chasing down a 650cc single cylinder thing on his new Tkm , It  was quick in a staright line but nothing else , he was catching it through the corners at an alarming rate when the mush spun in front of him on a fast left hander, dan had no where to go and walloped his o/sf wheel ripping the Yoke clean off the chassis but it tore the tube not the weld  :( bent all the steering column, hub was like a bannana and trackrod sheered off. It was a biggy and Luckily Dan was distraught about his kart as he noticed the chassis straight away but not hurt ,  his chest took the brunt against the steering wheel but he was wearing his carbon  rib/chest protectors , it could have been a lot worse!

a local engineering place was supposed to have jigged and rewelded the yoke but as I said he was off the pace on Sunday and when I checked it today I can see why  :arse:  Ive measured everything up and the chassis is actually straight and true , the problem is the guy appears to have  welded the yoke back on in the wrong place and at the wrong angle  :bangshead:  :bangshead:

i have also found out there are green ones and then there are green ones depending on what the chassis number starts with .... mine is in the group that are s**t hot ....

thats the same with Birel chassis too, same year chassis and one is good and one poor  :bangshead:  :bangshead:

A few pics from yesterday.  :t-up:   There should be some better ones from super snapper Cooper...  ;)  ;)

DSCF7340s.jpg

DSCF7344s.jpg

DSCF7343s.jpg

..and a couple from Pete's close opening laps in the NSSCC.  :t-up:

DSCF7259s.jpg

DSCF7260s.jpg