karts

JeffC

If you've got a big fat body, can you not lean it into corners for more effect? Is a two stone head not seen as an advantage?  :laugh:

Oi! You should be ripping ivy off the side of a wall to make way for my shed! :p  :D  :laugh:

Your shed is parked round the other side of the house..  ;)

Cheeky git! :p

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JeffC

• Pilot Pete

• slippy

• boblog

Top Posters In This Topic

looking at the karts side by side I find it hard to believe there is 10KG difference in our Karts Pete .

so I expect as Harv more or less said my Kart will be more than the stated  74KG.

how have you weighed it Jeff .. ???

Mark, have you had a look to see if the rev limiter is connected? It did sound to be revving higher...  :t-up:

looking at the karts side by side I find it hard to believe there is 10KG difference in our Karts Pete .

so I expect as Harv more or less said my Kart will be more than the stated  74KG.

how have you weighed it Jeff .. ???

Mark, have you had a look to see if the rev limiter is connected? It did sound to be revving higher...  :t-up:

not yet cap in fact its still in the van waiting for a new home to be built .

so my 80 to 85kg kart weight seemed spot on , 162 kilos race weight is for whippets , but those over 35 that fancy doing a national series in rotax max will find the dadson masters a great championship......

just had a hard cardio work out  couple of pics :oops:

skinnyman.jpg

Mark we weighed our karts on the Logs scales with 2 planks of wood to balance. if our karts have to be 162kg im fooked, no danger of me shedding that sort of weight  :down:  will just have to ballast Pete up to slow him down. my kart had around 1/4 tank of fuel when weighed  :suspect:  :suspect:

Pete depending on what year yours birel is it should be same weight as mine, think mine is a 2006 monza which is the same as a 2005 birel from memory  :suspect:  :suspect:

has anyone got and data on how weight effects lap times  :suspect:  :suspect: when my boy is on my kart (5stone) he flies past the prokart down the straights  :cool: and the lightweights seem to corner better on the cadets  :suspect:  :suspect:

so on a typical track like warden law what difference would you expect 1 stone to make  :suspect:  :suspect:

it hard to say as so many factors come into play ...

i looked back at the fastest laps at last years london cup for  177 max senior max and dadson masters , all on the same tyres  dadson fastest was a 36.17 ,7 kilo's heavier was the time for 177 max and it was 36.12 and the lap record was broke by a young man who is a real talent for the future Mike Spencer at 35.02 now thats over a second quicker taking 8kgs off the dandson times but the dadson drivr are all over 35 ... so take time and youth/fitness to make a real difference.

have you looked at the various 'race' fuels with various density that actually weigh less than pump ?? makes  abig difference as the fuel is weight that moves against teh direction you want it..

have you looked at the various 'race' fuels with various density that actually weigh less than pump ?? makes  abig difference as the fuel is weight that moves against teh direction you want it..

b****y hell we not going that far  :D

i hope  :oops:  :D

I am on a diet of pies, pies and pies, as I need to gain weight for this "competiotion" JC's loss, my gain. Just told dippy about how I have to add 3 stone to his kart and he informed me he would go quicker :bangshead:  :bangshead:

Jesus, how long is this thread on motorised milk crates?  :D

Carts are for girls!!  :D  :D  I've just been on a stag do and we had an afternoon on these things.........

rage.jpg

they were the best things ever, I will never go near a cart again with the amount of sideways off road fun we had. I'd actually fancy buying one of these and getting a fireblade engine in it  :D  :D  :devil:  :devil:

fookin hell that looks fun  :0  :0  :0

maybe next year  :laugh:

Log... your scales have been officially sacked, now using my scales as the "control scales" as they read 2lb lighter than yours   ;)

will fetch them along for the official weigh off  :oops:

You need to buy some lighter clothes, when I weighed myself on my scales my total clothes weight was 6lb, your's must have been just short of a stone :D

You need to buy some lighter clothes, when I weighed myself on my scales my total clothes weight was 6lb, your's must have been just short of a stone :D

Yeah, I thought that, jeff must buy lead clothes.