• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JeffC

• Pilot Pete

• slippy

• boblog

Top Posters In This Topic

did it involve grease and a clutch  :oops:

Big time, and even got the lesson off one of the top boys on how to do it so away PD went and did.

Sorry but cheating for me is only the odd shortcut, think I should stick to rallying and quad,not nearly smooth enough or have the tallent of you circuit boys and bl+++++y hate an unlevel playing field.

To put this into context, letting all of the Super1 boys come and do club races is like letting Seb Coe doing Otterburn and handing his time card in when he won, but to cheat whilst doing it is really taking the p++++ss, and no I am not "sore" or a bad looser I'm just thinking out loud about all the other lads who are doing it on a clubmans budget and feel for them just making numbers up.

Give Ryan or Ben the winners kart in their race.

Enough said.

the new clutch when brand new slips a bit without being illegal ..... experienced it on mine , but once its done a day it stops ..... if that is the case then they would run a new clutch every meeting , need to strip clean and legally regrease mine , having finshed 2nd in one of my heats ,and having had the squish checked on my head i don't want to win ,have the clutch pulled to find it awash with grease .

Its a huge huge debate , and the super one boys will race a a track they are due at a few weeks later , had them with us at buckmore , and have raced with the 177 leader Hary Cockill a few times now , he's a nice chap , and is as quick as he is playing it straight ...... but then again ..... he's not even half my age .... and thats where it counts , that and racing EVERY weekend.

FWIW log i ache big stylee this morning too .

well that was a long Weekend, too much to drink and a bit too much sun today  :blush:

what a track Rowrah is  :love:  :love:  :love:

Couple of Videos here.. as both Dan and Ryan are still novices they have to start from the back.

started off Practice on Saturday, then half a bottle of Vodka Saturday night  :oops:  :blush:

1st is the Tkm Final, Dan last kart no 77 chasing Jack.

then the cadet race

POSTER.jpg

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

That cadet race looks ****** tight! :0

Those boys have got bigger knackers than me, and Rowah looks awesome! :cool:  :cool:  :cool:

Well done lads! :t-up:

:p  :p  :p  :p

was a great weekend and the track is something else :love: Its a must do, would be hard work in a w/f though as the hairpins are soooooooooooooo tight, on Dans tkm we had to run a 90 tooth rear instead of an 85 that we run at W/law  :zzz:  :zzz:  :zzz: resulting in close to 17,000 rpm down the straights  :0  :0  :0

there would be no chance of our kids getting near the front, lot of locals that live the track and many countrys  top drivers get there, some of the motor homes and racing teams are something else  :oops: ben did really well in the final outpacing the 1st place Honda but the lad was driving sooooo dirty and made overtaking impossible for him  :arse:  :angry:

bad news for us is Dans tkm chassis cracked (its a really bumpy track) and a guy welded it up for us at the track (badly)  :(  :( so its either get it redone on replace and at this moment in time im sick of spending  :down:  :down:

I'll take some pic's round the paddock down here next month ...

i assumed you realised that a motorhome under 30ft is not allowed in a junior paddock ,as if your a kid and your dads not got a big motorhome you may as well give up .....

oh and that drunken video was dam scary , i know now why i say down south .

I'll take some pic's round the paddock down here next month ...

i assumed you realised that a motorhome under 30ft is not allowed in a junior paddock ,as if your a kid and your dads not got a big motorhome you may as well give up .....

oh and that drunken video was dam scary , i know now why i say down south .

thats us Fooked down the smoke then, I was quite proud of me sprinter conversion till you see some of the motorhomes and awnings and this was only a minor meeting  :blush:  :blush:  :blush:

bet they have a helicopter pad for you to fly in down there Harv  ;)

some of the cadet kids take it tooo serious, couple of them were ribbing Ryan as he was the only novice and doing his first msa race ,  telling him he was too slow to drive the track, little ****s my P**s was boiling when he told me   :mad:  :mad:  :mad:  :mad:

Its no ifferent up there to down here to be honest , alot of money gets spent on junior racing .... apparently the drivers for strawberry racing have a brand new tonykart every meeting , imagine what sort of budget that is ???

me i am a pawper down here .... and as yet , there are no helipads .

we are looking at a motohome and box trailer combo at the moment but no idea if its gonna happen ....

well the 100k camper will have to wait another week, just bought Dan another Tkm rolling chassis  :bangshead:  :bangshead: its a  2009 Intrepid used by Ryan Cole who is leading Super one, so we know this one should be on the pace  , guy that looks after the kart (flex motorsport)  ???  ???  has offered me all the set up advice i need  :t-up:  he may get sick of me calling him by Monday  :blush::oops:  :durr:

downside is I have to go to Nottingham on Friday morning to collect it though  :bangshead:  :bangshead:

just booked Dans  msa race for Sunday at Teesside and will hopefully book Ryans on the morning if they will let me use Dans membership for discount  :oops:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:

desperatly need a new money tree to shake :arse:

JC just wait till the silver bullet has to be sold to fund boys racing :0  :0  and that wont last long either!!!!! then you will be skint like the rest of us,, Ryan could do with an upgrade toooooo :p welcome to bones of your A*** :arse:  race team :D  :D  :D  :D  good luck for both boys for sunday its goin to be hot i hope

WHERE R U RACING NEXT

my two lads are at Teesside Msa on Sunday  :t-up:

I may do the Teesside sprint a week on Saturday and perhaps all 3 of us will be racing at Warden Law the week after if i get some assistance  :oops:

Kids have had a lecture this morning that they are going to have to pitch in and help maintain there own karts, I will check everything over when they are done, should relieve a bit of pressure of me if they can  :oops:

they should have a good understanding of what works and how anyway , and running 2 single handed must be a complete mare , its busy enough running one .

Don't forget the chassis you have bought has started loosing time (he wouldn't bin a fast chassis without good reason .

but for the likes of us it will be fine .

setup advice is what you need ,and seat time for the boys .

you would do well to ask the guy whos giving you advice if he knows a good tkm mechanic that would work for a small feel to help an upand comming lad ...

that way you get to concentrate on 1 kart while he runs the tkm , and you'll learn more tips , post a message on the karting site .....

may be worth it ....

I have spent 2 evenings prepping my kart so far , and still stiff to do .

but it looks still as good as new , and the chassis protection plates certainly helped save the front of the chassis from the puncture i had the other week.

I was just wondering what the difference is between this thread and the "Lawn Tractors all rubbish" thread  :D  :p  :devil: