karts

JeffC

No race for me 2mrw , Im mechanicing / supervising and quite looking forward to it  :t-up:

so racing we have....

RocksteadyEddie  prokart 

The national/international/regional Log rotax  (back permitting)  :oops:  

Dan  tkm (my bedroom footwear will be in attendance in case they are required )  :oops:

Ryan cadet ( am quite apprehensive for him)  :0  :oops:

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JeffC

• Pilot Pete

• slippy

• boblog

Top Posters In This Topic

What can be said about today? Well done Ben 3rd, Dan had a garbage start but excellent finish, Ryan is coming on leaps and bounds as is Eddy and as for me :mad:  :mad: spent more time off the bl++++dy track than I did on it :bangshead:  :bangshead: kart was great and pace was quite quick but I made one wrong move, hands up,got t boned,  that cost me a b****y fortune in bent parts then got up to 8th in final to be brayed off the track by a swiss auto into retirement :arse:  :arse: again. Thats racing. back is fine tho!!!!

Harv, new kart looks well ;)  ;)

thought you were going well today actually  Log  ;)  would have told you so but as we were not good enough for your company down the poor end of the padock  ???  ???  :mad:  :oops:  ;)

Well dan saved himself from an end to his Tkm career,after 2 very poor results (qualified 18th out of 18  :arse:  ) , I told him his kart was going on ebay tonight if he finished at the back   :mad:  :mad:  :mad: I thought he was using excuses about the kart but he was convinced it was down on power so we swapped motors,no different but i had used both motors on the same carb, blagged another of Jacks dad and swapping the carb reeped rewards of climb from 16th up to 9th (which is even better than that as he lost 2 places off the start just to make it harder for himself   :mad:  )  then  a 7th place finish in the final , which in my eyes compared to what ive seen him do so far is fantastic and he looked every bit as quick as those ahead of him  :t-up:  :t-up:  :cool:  :cool:

Ryan went well in the cadet, another black flag for him though for jumping the start  :oops:  :oops:  starting from the back again think he got up to 9th :t-up:  :t-up:

shame the kids are improving as I was looking forward to demoting one of them to the pits so I could join the log in the rotax race, looked cracking fun  :down:

Very well done to Ben 3rd place which was as good as a second when you say the 1st place kid  :0  :0

oh and Harv that looks the dogs testicles  :cool:  :cool:

well what a day .... p*****g down to start with ... put a full wet setup on (took best part of an hour axels to move etc ) and then the sun came out just before the first heat and it was drying real fast .....

heat 1 finished 5th with tyres that looked like chewing gum ....

heat 2 dry ...... finished 2nd dispite a punture as one of the bead retainers was leaking .

3rd heat wet and again going dry fast , nosecone ripped off in first corner black flagged dnf

final .... dry ... back to dry setup again .....

started 6th ,  top 5 like a train glued nose to tail , thousandths in the lap times .... 2nd from last lap got fired from behind into the hairpin in a no hope attempt to pass me , recovered to 6th one place outside the trophys ....

protested the move , he got 2 points on his licence but retained his final position .... which to be fair i thought was complete A*** .

however new chassis top , engine spot on , ribs ..... f**k they hurt.

think yourself lucky we had too had mixed weather up here  and I had two karts to swap tyres set up with  :sheep:  :sheep:  :sheep:

Harv on a damp but drying track with 10 laps ahead of you what set up would you run ??? I was adviced to run a dry set up  ie front wheels in and rear wheels right out with worn out wet tyres   this is what I run the kids at today or would you go with wet tyres and wheels out front and in rear  :suspect:  :suspect:

its really a depends ..... how quick is it drying ?    if there are dry patches then i would still go front out rear in ,but not so much toe out .

wet setup

front out wide , full caster , 7mm toe out , front ride height high , read ride height high (eg axel at lowest level in chassis )  rears in 10mm long hubs on (remebering you now must not run rear wheels inside the line of the sidepod . full fuel , gearing up 4 to 6 teeth .

on a drying track , all that but half the toe . and lower tyre pressures , and maybe only go up 2 teeth on the sprocket ....... now did you really give dan a wet setup?

oh and rear bar in , front bar in and stiff ....

oh and for rotax rejet , and change plug

Aye we had a very up and down day aswell, problems with tyres in qualifying left us 17 out of 18 :bangshead: , finnished 7th, 6th, 7th and 3rd in final with a bit of help from TM, collected eggcup number 18 :p (tight gets and all that entry money!) engine finally seemed better(fingers crossed) and managed to end up first honda out of 7 i think , roll on Rowrah, just checked super 1 results from there cadets 53.8 :0  :0  4kin fast or what and that kid up front today came nowhere in stars :0  :0 .......a very big well done to Dan :p , JC humble pie for supper i hope, and Ryan the black flag expert well done :p  , you may be right about the log input there mr C :devil: ...Bob you looked quick when you were going the correct way,  remember slow in fast out,o sorry thats JC's technique :D  :D and to rocksteady toooo!!!!! tyre barriers dont move much :D....well done alll

was torrential rain before practice track was awash, by 1st race was pretty much dry other than the odd patch, tbh I didnt adjust heights or track (we cant have caster/camber adjustment )  as it was drying quickly so I just swapped tyres and moved wheel position out/in , If I did what you did I wouldnt have time to get the pair of them out there  was bad enough doing what I had to do , I was in that much of a rush I sent poor Dan out on his Tkm without his transponder fitted :blush:  :D  :durr:

i know what you mean and thats exactly the position we had .... 3 lap practice lashing ..... drying like mad for the first heat .... we all looked to have wet setups on .... one guy ran slicks and finished knowwhere , my tyres went to gum .... fastest lap lap 2 of 10  :blush:

i was on brand new wets as i didn't have my part worns on rims .....  :bangshead:

think that must have been the prob Ben had, he run decent wets on a drying track in qualifying , Ryan run more worn wets and went a fair bit quicker, bens grained up and Ryans looked fine  :suspect:  :suspect:

Mr Thomspon,  I had the same problem in the final as you had at Teesside, Ryan was going well till about lap 8, then his grip seem to be suffering, he dropped 2 places in last 2 laps running wide on corners , when he came in looks like only the middle of his tyres had been in contact with the tarmac inside of tyre is like new still .. lesson for next time reduce tyre pressures as it gets warmer and the races get longer  :bangshead:  :bangshead:

and people think Karting is a piece of P**s ...... hows log finding Rotax ...... my ribs are still painful from 2 weeks ago , but i managed over 50 laps this weekend.

he knacked his Back last week so was a brave move getting in the saddle today  :oops: but was going well other than getting tee boned and brayed off twice  :oops:

good news on my ribs, that carbon protector is fantastic, was whacking kerbs in practice last Thursday night and not an ache in site   :t-up:  :t-up:

reached out and "touch wood"  :oops:  :blush:

Harv, Yes finding the Rotax fun, in pain this morning tho. Good job I was down the "other end" of the paddock on my1st outing Mr C as I very much doubt you could have straightened my kart whilst looking after 2 children :arse:  :arse:  did'nt konw you cared so much, how sweet.

I will let you know this morning why I was soooo much off the pace as the leaders and lets just say that my mate also got in on the act too, I saw all of this with my own eyes. :mad:  :mad: