karts

JeffC

Pete / Jeff  were you flat out though turn 7 as I b******d up turn 6 every time so was always feathering the throttle round 7 otherwise I would run out of track :bangshead:

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JeffC

• Pilot Pete

• slippy

• boblog

Top Posters In This Topic

It's flat in the gas karts they have though i suspect your arriving at a slightly quicker rate

What times are you punks doing ?

I have no idea to be honest, dont think anyone had there timers on, did dippy do a 1.03 did I hear?

well that explains why I was off the pace then  :blush:  :blush:

looks easy when reading but think in practice that aint gonna come overnight !  how the f**k is turn 3 flat out !!! theres not a hope in hell my kart would have gone round there flat and everyone I chased was doing the same as me , when I tried it at pace I hit a series of small concrete speed bumps on the left that just about  knocked me A*** up me back  :0  :0 so that mush must have a big pair of cahooters or some sticky tyres  :D  :D  :D

Me too there is no way you can take that flat out as  you do hit the curbs and it hurts i have the bruises to show for it and i think i spun there more than fives times going too fast :down:  :bangshead:

Pete / Jeff  were you flat out though turn 7 as I b******d up turn 6 every time so was always feathering the throttle round 7 otherwise I would run out of track :bangshead:

Yes, but flat out after turn 6 isn't very fast anyway.

Who the fook is Dippy ???

You dont knoq who dippy is? :p  :D

Your not down wid it slipp.

Who the fook is Dippy ???

You dont knoq who dippy is? :p  :D

Your not down wid it slipp.

Dippy-Eggs.jpg

the Log was going to get him a White helmet and get the top painted yellow  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

i am truly stunned at 74kgs ..... i'll tell you what a max ways after next weekend when we are on the scales .

If you watch some of the top european racers then you'll see the hands low , you'll quite often see high hands in the first few lap melay but after you get into a rythum its low hands , the juniors are a classic for watching them do this .

There are lots of theories on where to hold the wheel but low is where its at and its also the reason we have angled steering bosses ,which won't find as standard on many karts but the top racers will all have them ... tilts the wheel to a much more vertical position

well that explains why I was off the pace then  :blush:  :blush:

looks easy when reading but think in practice that aint gonna come overnight !  how the f**k is turn 3 flat out !!! theres not a hope in hell my kart would have gone round there flat and everyone I chased was doing the same as me , when I tried it at pace I hit a series of small concrete speed bumps on the left that just about  knocked me A*** up me back  :0  :0 so that mush must have a big pair of cahooters or some sticky tyres  :D  :D  :D

Me too there is no way you can take that flat out as  you do hit the curbs and it hurts i have the bruises to show for it and i think i spun there more than fives times going too fast :down:  :bangshead:

You'll now understand why we wear kevlar rib protectors , its a not a sport for wimps ,and i certainly won't set foot in a rotax max without a protector having had cracked ribs from a seat digging in whilst riding curbs flat .....

our logger showed 2.3g and when i think i weighed at the time 96kgs ,  240kgs smakked into you ribs repeatedly over a 20 lap race hurts .... rince and repeat twice more then add a 30 lap final , and its bruises like you wouldn't belive ..

have witnessed a cadet driver with a broken neck , in last years dadson challenge the ambalance was used more than once and the air ambulance once .

from a safety point of view in motorsport terms protection is the minimal there is ....

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=jwX4xRqUS98

when i think i weighed at the time 96kgs ,

never met you Harv  but I had you down as a 65kilo bean pole  :oops:  :durr:  strange how you see visualise people on a forum  :durr:  :D

that video strengthens my belief that we dont need rotax or billand motors to have fun, some of those accidents looked nasty, that poor nunney at 2.17 must have had a sore heed. was like a spoon cracking the top of the dippy egg  :0  :0