karts

JeffC

I am looking at Rotax now, just had a long conversation with Pete and he might even go down that road yet, lets just see!!!

not for me that Rotax  job, to be up front Ive heard of the scarey costs involved with one thing and another and the tyres off the shelf in the shed aint gonna keep you at the front of the grid , I really cant see you shelling £120 a race on rubber  :oops:  ;) and have you forgot about the pain your old bones experienced at the helm of the bell end  :oops:

i recon you could stretch a set of rubber to 3 meeting in rotax  at a push till you were consitantly hitting the same time race in race out ...

its more the difference in engines can be night and day , getting one you know is proven good costs ££££ other than that its pot luck.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JeffC

• Pilot Pete

• slippy

• boblog

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone out playing this weekend?

Scott,

If i can fit a helmet on was thinking about going to warden law sunday if you fancy it prective from 8 till 2 non stop!

You up for it?

Ross

its more the difference in engines can be night and day , getting one you know is proven good costs ££££ other than that its pot luck.

I had this debate with my mate Pete who was thinking of putting Ben in a Rotax before they went down the Swiss Auto route. £2000 for a "good" one, but who knows, Also chassis is a tough one, how many a year?

I will not be going down that road but I am going to look for a  "good" Rotax.

Will keep you all posted, or a certain other person will :oops:  :oops:

Scott,

If i can fit a helmet on was thinking about going to warden law sunday if you fancy it prective from 8 till 2 non stop!

You up for it?

Ross

May well be up there myself boys ;)

Scott,

If i can fit a helmet on

?? ??

Will have to see how i feel on sunday. out sat night and probably be a messy night.

Send me your mobile no Ross as i've knacked me mobile and lost your number

Did anyone get up wardy laws today? Looked a very nice day for it.

I'm on with the civic at the moment so dont get expect I'll be getting the kart out for a little while now. :(

Still, hugely inspired and excited by upgrading the civic.

The cow is now on ebay too. :)

Did anyone get up wardy laws today? Looked a very nice day for it.

I'm on with the civic at the moment so dont get expect I'll be getting the kart out for a little while now. :(

Still, hugely inspired and excited by upgrading the civic.

The cow is now on ebay too. :)

Went up to have a look as doctors advise told me not to put helmet on. Scott was the only one there. However it was going better but it still not on the pace ???

I ventured up and Ross turned upto spectate. They ran 15 min sessions. seperated so the prokarts and cadets were up together and then the 2 strokes went out. it was quite busy. Only managing 1 09's still but with the engines mounted flat ( a bit of a bodge to get current ones flat) it was alot better. Didn't seem to bog in the corners like it was. Rpm boys were leaving me standing. Couldn't get past the cadets on the straights just need a little more but they were holding me up in the corners.

I got some proper pro kart mounts but cant use them as the armchairs in the way due to the engine being in a different position with them. And i wont be able to move me rear wheels in in the wet as the carbs in the way. I'm sure theres a rabbit away somewhere. If i cant find that rabbit it will have to be a set of bespoke mounts.

been painting walls since 8.00 this morning  :sheep:

someone drove past at full chat in a westy, the tempation to down the brush and  get the burgervan out was unreal  :D  :D then remembered the burgervan is blocked in by plasterers tools and doors etc  :down:  :down:  :arse:

did look a good day for it though  :t-up:

Scott not sure me or bob cracked 1.09 the other day when we were up mind, we were on slicks but twas greasy   :suspect:  :suspect:

I'm getting there slowly. was happy with me times as i was getting a few back to back. Think i just need to learn to drive it now.

Might get the westy started this week if i can be arsed. Sure its gonna be a let down as theres bound to be something still wrong with the engine

My brother was up today on his pro kart, said it was busy, he was doing 1.08 I think he said.

I told him to look out for you Ross but he said he never saw you.

We went up to Rowrah in cumbria to try out a W60, Ben liked it said it felt quick but was lapping 3 seconds slower, in his own kart he was pretty much on the pace of a kid who works there in a world formula ..........Ben said the track was great to drive and has recently had new tarmac laid so plenty grip. all in all a good day out :)

they have a cadet kart with  junior rotax motor fitted so we will try that in the summer

Did get to hear a world formula nock the crank out to

I had this debate with my mate Pete who was thinking of putting Ben in a Rotax before they went down the Swiss Auto route. £2000 for a "good" one, but who knows, Also chassis is a tough one, how many a year?

I will not be going down that road but I am going to look for a  "good" Rotax.

Will keep you all posted, or a certain other person will :oops:  :oops:

1 chassis per year for me ,  as for engines , look for an 04 to 06 and then send it to someone like ogden /grice etc to sort it .... you'll look at it costing 2k in total but a new engine these days is 1500 quid ....

to buy something with more than 30bhp ,you'll pay more than 2k if its genuine .

vega tyres 2 meetings is fine  i run 1 meeting plus 1 test after on mine at the moment , but it depends on the track ,as we travel about some circuits are not as quick on fresh rubber.