karts

JeffC

Sorry for being so far off topic but this will be fun.

There will be a Rally Car category at the opening round of the Rallycross Open Championship at Croft on March 22nd.

It will be run with cars starting one-at-a-time with a maximum of 8 cars on the track at any one time. The cars will be set off at 5 second intervals - each driver will get the opportunity to take part in practice, 3 heats and a class final. The total times from the three heats and the final will be added together and the driver with the lowest amalgamated time will be declared the category winner.

The class will be sub-divided into 2 and 4 wheel drive (providing there is enough cars of each type). All cars must fully comply with all the latest MSA safety requirements.

Rally car category regulations:

Rally cars - 2 or 4 wheel drive vehicles complying with the regulations for stage rallies and holding a valid MSA logbook. All vehicles must be registered for the road but need not have Insurance, MOT, or TAX. The use of racing tyres is permitted. Forest tyres are only allowed if the conditions are deemed by the Clerk of the Course to warrant their use.

The only modification required to the rally cars to compete in the Rallycross event is to tape up the front and rear lights as lights are not permitted in Rallycross. If the car fully complies with MSA Safety regulations then there should not be any other issues, as it will already have things like mudflaps fitted (It is recommended to fit safety filming on the windows if they are glass).

Entry fee is £130 if entered before March 10th and a minimum National B licence is requried

For further details or an entry form e-mail Peter Stott at Peter@rallycrossOpen.com or visit http://www.RallycrossOpen.com

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JeffC

• Pilot Pete

• slippy

• boblog

Top Posters In This Topic

Slip sliding, wets, looks dry as a bone from the pics! :p

Looks like Jeff has taken a major backward step in the fashion department, none stig helmet and a fishing / boiler suit! :laugh:

Bob, I dont think I'll be able to do that rallycross as the civic isn't road legal. :(

Sorry for being so far off topic but this will be fun.

There will be a Rally Car category at the opening round of the Rallycross Open Championship at Croft on March 22nd.

It will be run with cars starting one-at-a-time with a maximum of 8 cars on the track at any one time. The cars will be set off at 5 second intervals - each driver will get the opportunity to take part in practice, 3 heats and a class final. The total times from the three heats and the final will be added together and the driver with the lowest amalgamated time will be declared the category winner.

The class will be sub-divided into 2 and 4 wheel drive (providing there is enough cars of each type). All cars must fully comply with all the latest MSA safety requirements.

Rally car category regulations:

Rally cars - 2 or 4 wheel drive vehicles complying with the regulations for stage rallies and holding a valid MSA logbook. All vehicles must be registered for the road but need not have Insurance, MOT, or TAX. The use of racing tyres is permitted. Forest tyres are only allowed if the conditions are deemed by the Clerk of the Course to warrant their use.

The only modification required to the rally cars to compete in the Rallycross event is to tape up the front and rear lights as lights are not permitted in Rallycross. If the car fully complies with MSA Safety regulations then there should not be any other issues, as it will already have things like mudflaps fitted (It is recommended to fit safety filming on the windows if they are glass).

Entry fee is £130 if entered before March 10th and a minimum National B licence is requried

For further details or an entry form e-mail Peter Stott at Peter@rallycrossOpen.com or visit http://www.RallycrossOpen.com

Have been looking at this it's quite enticing to say the least  :cool:

b****y hell that was good fun  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

where else can you have a days fun for £15  :xmas: u couldnt get a quick shake down at Boro docks for that  :D  :D  :D

I have to agree, the docks are good at Boro (so I've heard) but that was the best day I have had in a long while in the karts, shame we were not on the same tyre but the battles were still good.

Well done to Swiss, he beat my time but I did not have chance to get back in the kart, just him being selfish again :D  :D

I have to agree, the docks are good at Boro (so I've heard) but that was the best day I have had in a long while in the karts, shame we were not on the same tyre but the battles were still good.

Well done to Swiss, he beat my time but I did not have chance to get back in the kart, just him being selfish again :D  :D

if its any consolation you wouldnt have beat my time anyway  :laugh:  :laugh:  feel ive spent all day shifting the bar up a notch for you and Phil to play catch up  :D  :D  :D  :p

mixed feelings on the prokart, It feels soooooo slow and numb but  I know how well dippys goes against the world formulas so really mine must be close to the pace as im pretty sure taking tyres and gearing out the equation I dont think there is a right lot between us today   :suspect:  :suspect:

if someone comes and buys my World formula that would make me mind up for me  :D  :D

I am looking at Rotax now, just had a long conversation with Pete and he might even go down that road yet, lets just see!!!

not for me that Rotax  job, to be up front Ive heard of the scarey costs involved with one thing and another and the tyres off the shelf in the shed aint gonna keep you at the front of the grid , I really cant see you shelling £120 a race on rubber  :oops:  ;) and have you forgot about the pain your old bones experienced at the helm of the bell end  :oops:

Bob, as jeff says, havent we been down this road before? mind you, it is one of lifes amazing things, seeing bob the log speechless after a stint on the biland!

Jeff, re the pro-kart, I know what you mean, they do feel 'heavy' and slow but some how they just seem to work. If your competing at wardy laws it is the kart you need I think if you want to get semi serious I spose. The World Formula will always set the outright fastest time but it'll have to be bone dry with some temperature. Thats when I will enter a race! :D  :laugh:

What did you make of it anywho, I quite liked ross's kart, just the back end seemed exceptionally loose at the time.

difficult to say Pete,  was pretty happy with it, brakes well and has a nice feel but due to conditions I could only compare it to Bobs, from the morning I was on bald wets so it was understeering and oversteering everywhere, Bob was on good wets so couldnt get near him, we them swapped fronts I had good fronts and bald rears and he had good rears and bald fronts, was then quicker than him as he was understeering and I was oversteering  :laugh:  :laugh:

afternoon we switched to Slicks but it wasnt really slick conditions, understeer and oversteer again b****y circuit is lethal, ! I was on Dunlops and Log was on Vegas, his kart was quicker but I suspect the vegas are a fair bit stickier  ???  ??? to give an idea of conditions morning we were around 1.17 and think best we managed was 1.11 on slicks  :0  :0

Dan and Ben were a fair bit quicker than us  today but they had worn out wets which was the answer by the end of the day  :oops:

difficult to say Pete,  was pretty happy with it, brakes well and has a nice feel but due to conditions I could only compare it to Bobs, from the morning I was on bald wets so it was understeering and oversteering everywhere, Bob was on good wets so couldnt get near him, we them swapped fronts I had good fronts and bald rears and he had good rears and bald fronts, was then quicker than him as he was understeering and I was oversteering  :laugh:  :laugh:

afternoon we switched to Slicks but it wasnt really slick conditions, understeer and oversteer again b****y circuit is lethal, ! I was on Dunlops and Log was on Vegas, his kart was quicker but I suspect the vegas are a fair bit stickier  ???  ??? to give an idea of conditions morning we were around 1.17 and think best we managed was 1.11 on slicks  :0  :0

Dan and Ben were a fair bit quicker than us  today but they had worn out wets which was the answer by the end of the day  :oops:

Yes, Vega's are better than dunlops, I've sampled both. Vega's are pretty darn awesome to be honest which is weird as apparently there a harder tyre? :suspect:

That track is a bit crap this time of year I guess but for the price and with teesside changing its layout, you cant really knock it! :)

Aye, das capitan said the kids were flying, well done lads! :t-up: