karts

JeffC

if weather is gonna be bad will prob favour tinsard, if its dry Warden Law would be favourite for practice  , can do either day but if going to tinsard would prob do Sunday  :suspect:  :suspect:  :suspect:  :D

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JeffC

• Pilot Pete

• slippy

• boblog

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm not coming out to play this weekend. Planning on taking kart into work and getting it weighed at some point. Getting engines dyno'd during week to see what my plan of attack is. If your at w/law might pop up for an hour with the camera at some point.  Might start putting the prelit back together if i can be bothered to be disappointed by it again.

thinkin about it I have to change sprockets on prokart/oil change/make sure I fit in it  :oops:  and change sprocket and a set of tyres on Tkm so unless i do it tonight  will prob have to make it Sunday too  :oops:  :suspect:

this looks like a bit of a Beast Twin gx200's spec'd up to give estimated 22bhp  :0  :0  :D

this looks like a bit of a Beast Twin gx200's spec'd up to give estimated 22bhp  :0  :0  :D

Tis the ultimate pro-kart that! :0

I do think a tuned GX200 is probably a better and cheaper engine that a briggs. Its a shed load lighter for a start!

Any idea what weight the average prokart is? Think mines lardy as its 102kg so without ballast me and kart are 200kg

Any idea what weight the average prokart is? Think mines lardy as its 102kg so without ballast me and kart are 200kg

mine is 90kg dry apparently so with fuel/oil in  will be knocking on the door of 100kg , and im 80kg in the buff or 86kg with an errection   :p

think dippys kart  is 84 or  something like that  log said today  :down:  :down:

on with mine this morning, couldnt fit in Ross"s seat  :blush:  :blush:  so swapped mine across ,alfano fitted ,  oil changed with cool power oil and new sprockets and wheel bearings  fitted, give it a general check over and a couple of things to sort me thinks on the handling geometery front before its first outing  , new bodywork on order and new valve springs coming too , hopefully I like it after all this  :oops:

Harv give me a ring when you get 5 mins can yer  :t-up:

So its not too heavey then. Guess we'll see what happens on the dyno on tuesday and hopefully See why its got no top end. Has the new purchase a solid or hollow axle and whats the normal on pro karts

Which springs you gone for jeff?

bought the Ut1 G4 springs, supposed to allow you to rev higher  ???  :suspect:  :suspect: watch out though there are some cheap ones kicking about on ebay, I bought a pack of 10 genuine honda for £23.99  :t-up:

who is dynoing it for you scott and how much   ???  :suspect:

bought the Ut1 G4 springs, supposed to allow you to rev higher  ???  :suspect:  :suspect: watch out though there are some cheap ones kicking about on ebay, I bought a pack of 10 genuine honda for £23.99  :t-up:

who is dynoing it for you scott and how much   ???  :suspect:

Its going to prosport. Young tom's going to have a look at them. £30ish each

Are these them

tZUK_Cars_Parts_Vehicles_Other_Vehicle_Parts_Accessories_ET?hash=item170299418526&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1689%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318" target="_blank">cheapies with the good sales pitch.

Where you gents playing at tomorrow?

the bigger question is can i legally race 200's. If not no point fitting them

was thinking about how you said you went quicker the other week on your early laps, the engine would have more compression when its cold , its maybe dropping off as it warms up  ???  ???

think which ever way you go be it 160 or 200 you have to replace the motors that are on there to go quicker ???

That sounds exactly like what mines doing. According to the data logger I set my fastest speed of the day on the very 1st lap, it then tailed off through the rest of the day. Nothing too dramatic I dont think, started at 54mph then gradually dropped to about 51mph through the day. I think they'll all to that though to be honest.

The cap commented that mine sounded a bit limp wrist last time, we've adjusted the clearances, it sounds a lot sweeter now, might be just that scott?