karts

JeffC

Bit of frustrating day really. Maybes the lap timer wasn't a good idea as i just couldn't really break 111. (had more fun when i was just tootling round) Had one flukey lap at 109 but just couldn't find any more pace. Set up didn't seem to make that much difference. Me and jeff were the same pace in my kart on the morning so seem to think its more the kart than me. It just seems to lack on the longer straights.  Was running about the same gearing as the other pro karts and they were doing 103 - 107 and just pulling away on the longer bits. Could just about hang on in the twisty bits Hmmmmm  ???  Prosports got a dyno dont no wether to get them checked and see if there right

I may be persuaded to sell mine if you fancy it  :blush:  :t-up:

I know of a local tree surgeon on the look out for a good spec prokart, may be worth droppin him a Pm  :t-up:

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JeffC

• Pilot Pete

• slippy

• boblog

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going to do a race in AJ's and see how far off the pace I am and then I will decide what to race. Watch this space!!!

Bob,

You not racing the biland any more?

Ross

well that was a day we had  :arse:

didnt do the race myself just let the boy cut his teeth, bought brand new tyres this morn and sent him out, we practised yesterday on a set 3 years old and he was 7 secs off winning pace, he went 2 secs faster on new rubber but so did everyone else so he was still 7 secs off, he doesnt know this track so we new today would be hard..

he qualified 16th out of 22 so was pretty happy with that as he went a second quicker than practice 3 sesc quicker than the day before  :t-up:

race one lad in front of him on corner 1 took him off , he flew across the grass  :arse:  time he got out was a l1/2 lap down  :arse:

he got a couple of places back and started race 2 from 18th, same again got knocked off  :arse: back up to 16th

i changed set up again and altered tyre pressures and from 16th he had a good race and finished 12th was up to 10th but went wide and lost 2 places  :arse:

Final. it had started lightly snowing but was blowing away and  track was dry I made the call to stick on slicks and walked to the grid  on the grid it came down heavy everyone was running about changing to wets, (they had wets on the trolley) ours were in the trailer  :bangshead: and not enough time to change even if I could the guy running the grid wouldnt allow us as the race was about to start. the boy was spinning left right and centre as were the others on Slicks , he stayed out but was pretty much at the back  :oops:

although not a good result for him a  few plus points from today though, this is his 2nd time in the kart and he went 1 second a lap quicker every race and had a best of 1.01  :t-up:  57secs was quickest lap of the day by last years champion  so this strengthens my belief that Dan needs time in the seat and  to learn the track,(i rekon at Teesside he would be on the pace straight away  :suspect: )this kart seems to have straight line pace and never missed a beat so im happy and looking forward to him getting up to pace  :t-up:  

We will be practising more at Warden Law from here on in, Sats practise was £15 for members and £20 for non  :xmas:

How was it today?  :t-up:   (he said, wondering who'll get the 2000th post.. :laugh:    )

Cold captain very cold! Ben qualified 11th out of 15 cadets, finished 9th, 7th, 5th, and 9th in last race, struggled with grip early on then when the meeting was declared open we ran inters which helped us....I'm sure jc will post soon but Dan might be looking for a new mechanic....ovarall very enjoyable and the kids came away happy, well done to them both :t-up:  :t-up:

Was my mush up there racing Scooper ?

aye he had a mare slip, dont think he finished a race  :oops:

can you ask him if he wants the 3 sets of YGB"s i mentioned to him didnt catch him before he left  :t-up:

Mr T I beat you to it again  ;)  :D

What happened like ?

I'll see him tomorrow and ak him if he wants them (tyres I presume)

his starter packed in  :bangshead:

Well sounds like the lads enjoyed themselves which is the main thing. Tis a funny old track warden law to get to grips with. You seem to learn new tricks everytime you go even if you've been a number of times!

Tis a miles better track that teesside, especially now tinsard has removed that chicane, just this time of year isn't good for going up on hills! :bangshead:

I need to do one teesside then I'm up for sticking to wardy laws! :t-up:

Jeff welcome to the world of tough msa racing , in all fairness it was a learning curve .

Test the day before every time and get as close to a balanced setup as you can , the temps were viscious and it was tricky this weekend

If it makes you feel better we were 5th quickest all day long and just 2 10ths split those top 5

heat 1 first corner punt relegated to 22nd finished 19th

heat 2 great start up to 3rd got punted off restarted last red mist meant i fired a couple off on the way back to 13th

heat 3 fired off again ,and battled back to 9th  

final started 14th  up to 6th by lap 2 and flying in the snow ounted off shortly after and managed to fight back to 11th , it was carnage ,wheels off karts into walls , driving standards at club level are a discrace

cant wait till april to start the british masters championship .

And there was me thinking karting is a "non contact" sport, sounds more like rally cross to me :laugh:  :laugh: