• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JeffC

• Pilot Pete

• slippy

• boblog

Top Posters In This Topic

A bit off a Westy if I am not mistaken ???

Remember them :laugh:

found a use for a piece of that heap in the garage at last  :oops:

Fitted one of them big front panels. slightly different to Ross's  :p

IMG_6252.jpg

goes with the giant seat  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Cap/Pierre can you see if you have any side on pics of the boys red birel please? on doing an ebay listing and cant find anything suitable, only one I can see shows the daddy hubs which i will be removing 2mrw :blush:  :blush:

was hoping for an easy time of it as looking at the tkm motor other than tha carb there is nowt to it  :durr:

scarey amount of revs these things pull mind , guy today was talking of 16,000 on his sons  :0  :0  :0  from what ive read and ive read pages and fookin pages  :oops: keep the revs sensible and rebuilds need not be so frequent  ???  ???

16000 rpm isn't bad ..... in days gone by when i raced Formula A in the days before watercooling (and electric street lamps) My PCR engines used to peak at 21k , and have seen them on the dyno at 24k

3 jet carbs which you would adjust on the fly ,winding that main jet in as much as you dare to get the last 1000th a lap .... and yes its a fine line between glory and a seized engine , and boy did you know it when they seiezed ..... have sheared the crank pin in half before on one and they are an inch diamiter solid stainless pin ..... seeing one in 2 pieces is impressive

Jeff/Bob

You haven't by anychance got a gx160 breaking for parts. Mislaid/dropped the valve cap that holds the spring retainer in.  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :down:

Race results are up HERE

Looking at the times in race 4, we should have switched tyres earlier.  ???

suppose we should have done but wouldnt have been as much fun  :D  :D

David said the last race wouldnt be logged hence I started from the back , it now looks like young Dixon gave me a lesson  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :D

also noticed my quickest lap was lap 4 in the last race , I cut out the back chicane on lap 6 so that doesnt make as big a difference as we thought, noticed Petes quickest was lap 8 must have been getting concerned as Uncle Swiss was realling him in  :laugh:  :oops:  :D

Race results are up HERE

David said the last race wouldnt be logged hence I started from the back , it now looks like young Dixon gave me a lesson  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :D

also noticed my quickest lap was lap 4 in the last race , I cut out the back chicane on lap 6 so that doesnt make as big a difference as we thought, noticed Petes quickest was lap 8 must have been getting concerned as Uncle Swiss was realling him in  :laugh:  :oops:  :D

Yes was cruising round until I looked on the other side of the switch back and saw number 47! :D

So you admit it, you did cheat you big cheating cheater, you were probably on super soft rubber as well. snake, snake ssssss, ssssss!  :p  :laugh:

If id known they were publishing results i would have started from 2nd instead of the back  :bangshead:  :bangshead:

oh and  proper rubber was fitted  ;)  just one cheat I cut the back chicane once on lap 6  :D was taking too long to catch you and was desperate to pass you before the end , in fairness the gap didnt close a lot  ???  ???  :suspect:  :suspect: I had to rely on raw talent to catch you up   :p  :p

Race results are up HERE

JC on the lap you took the shortcut you were right behind Ben entering the chicane, Ben went round you went straight on you were almost on the corner of southbank when Ben exited the chicane. Infact he was that far behind i said to your Dan that Ben mut of come off...i recon min 1 second maybe more........have you got the karts sorted now?

yep Birel had indeed sheared the wudruff key, they are alloy so I made a steel one should be more permanent , lightly sanded the mating surfaces of the flywheel and crank and locktited it all together and nipped up tight , started first crack now photographed and on ebay , blue birel is going as well so 2 world fomulas for sale this week, gonna photo a load of spares too need to get some spondooolis in   :oops:  

tkm is all back together and again first start , sounds sweeeeeet and seems to rec right up  :love:  :t-up:

Logs World formula is also back together and ready for action and  to put Pete down to 3rd place  :p  :p  :p

just need Mark there now and Petes off the podium and on the tarmac  :D  :D  :D  :oops:  :oops:

yep Birel had indeed sheared the wudruff key, they are alloy so I made a steel one should be more permanent , lightly sanded the mating surfaces of the flywheel and crank and locktited it all together and nipped up tight , started first crack now photographed and on ebay , blue birel is going as well so 2 world fomulas for sale this week, gonna photo a load of spares too need to get some spondooolis in   :oops:  

tkm is all back together and again first start , sounds sweeeeeet and seems to rec right up  :love:  :t-up:

Logs World formula is also back together and ready for action and  to put Pete down to 3rd place  :p  :p  :p

just need Mark there now and Petes off the podium and on the tarmac  :D  :D  :D  :oops:  :oops:

Should be a great world formula grid:

Jeff - Monza

Log - Corse

Pete - Birel

Mark - MS

Rob - Tonykart

Quite a nice variety! :t-up: