karts

JeffC

Got to share this story with you lot :p  :p

bought the boy his Tkm and guy agrees to deliver it, he drops into Logs yard this afternoon, unloaded the kart etc and we had a bit crack with him for an hour or so, The boy comes along to view his new kart, guy turns around and  says to me ...

so whats the set up here then, is this your Dads woodyard then pointing to The Log  ,   :laugh:  :laugh:

to say I laughed out loud was an understatement  :laugh:  :laugh:

I should really publicly apologise to the Log for me looking so young, I actually think the guy nearly mistook me for our dans younger brother  :p  :p  :p

I know you said you would get your own back but come on SON, thats a bit low :p  :p  I shall no longer suport my grandson if you keep doing this :laugh:

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JeffC

• Pilot Pete

• slippy

• boblog

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha ha take that Log, to be fair the guy must have been mentally challenged or visually impaired as Cooper is starting to look a bit rough round the edges IMO :laugh:

Weather is looking superb tomorrow, bit cold, but sunny and hopefully dry as a bone.

Surely tomorrows the day we have decent turn out! :suspect:

Weather is looking superb tomorrow, bit cold, but sunny and hopefully dry as a bone.

Surely tomorrows the day we have decent turn out! :suspect:

The plan was to sort kart out this afternoon ready for an afternoon session tomorrow. Going for some ale this afternoon instead  :love: so its a no show for me  :bangshead:

Don't think i will be in attendance either at work so wouldn't get there till half 2 then i need to change sprockets  :angry:

Any body up for Sunday?

changed sprockets on tkm to 82 which I think should be somewhere near, w/law is 84 so by my reckoning it shouldnt be far away, recomended redline is 14,800rpm but they do go to 16,000 rpm apparently  :0  :0

decided to take Carb up to warden Law for anton to strip and fit a service kit which turned out to give me 2 hours of chew when I came back  :arse:  couldnt get it to start then when it started it was p*****g fuel out the airfilter and exhaust  :bangshead:  :bangshead:

Log stripped and rebuilt the carb a few times and eventually got is sorted, sounds soooooooo sweet now  :love:

tkm and Monza is loaded up ready for 2mrw  practice and race  :t-up:

Monza going for its last outing before its going up for sale  :(  :down:  gonna have to cut back a bit so plan is run / share the boys red birel w/f for practice wth the kids, will also save me carrying endless wheels and tyres around as all our karts have 3 sets  :bangshead:  :bangshead:

holy s**t Im getting square eyes, just read about 300 posts on tkm carbs and setting up  :bangshead:  :bangshead:

come back world formula all is forgiven  :arse:  :oops:  :D  :suspect:

Junior team pugwash members will be present from about 4.00 for the race. Pete you know you must defend your crown. should be a good night if weather is ok, we have an interest in 3 formulas now so get that setup sorted JC

think I will have to do a session or two on the tkm to sort out jetting, from the 20 zillion threads Ive just spent the last 2 hours reading  :bangshead:  the general opinion is hi jet needs to be between 1/8th and 1/4 turn out and low jet is somewhere between 1.75 and 2.25 turnss out  , one guy posted there is .6 of a second to be gained when you get it right :suspect:  :suspect:  :suspect:

On Antons advice I mixed fuel at 20/1 but from what Ive just read that is a no no unless you want to burn out your motor   ???  :suspect:  :bangshead: 16/1 seems to be what people have been doing so thats 312ml per 5litres will have to mis a touch more up and mix it in   :suspect:

I remember why we got shot of the W60 now   :bangshead:  :bangshead:

Junior team pugwash members will be present from about 4.00 for the race. Pete you know you must defend your crown. should be a good night if weather is ok, we have an interest in 3 formulas now so get that setup sorted JC

Yep, if its dry and billy the birel is behaving himself then pretty sure I'll be doing the race, must remember to bring me specs though for night vision! :blush:  :)  :D

think I will have to do a session or two on the tkm to sort out jetting, from the 20 zillion threads Ive just spent the last 2 hours reading  :bangshead:  the general opinion is hi jet needs to be between 1/8th and 1/4 turn out and low jet is somewhere between 1.75 and 2.25 turnss out  , one guy posted there is .6 of a second to be gained when you get it right :suspect:  :suspect:  :suspect:

On Antons advice I mixed fuel at 20/1 but from what Ive just read that is a no no unless you want to burn out your motor   ???  :suspect:  :bangshead: 16/1 seems to be what people have been doing so thats 312ml per 5litres will have to mis a touch more up and mix it in   :suspect:

I remember why we got shot of the W60 now   :bangshead:  :bangshead:

I will say again

TOOOOOOO SERIOUS !!!!!!!!!!!!

:laugh:

weather is loooooking goooooooooood  :cool:

Bit frosty at the mo, I dont expect to get to the track till well after 10am.