karts

JeffC

well obviously ... when you 2 eantering an MSA race then?

im stuck on filling in the application form for my race license, need to phone the msa helpline when I get 5 mins  :blush:

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JeffC

• Pilot Pete

• slippy

• boblog

Top Posters In This Topic

been having a bit dig for info on clutches and its possible that ones built wrong. will strip it on saturday to see. Karts still wet from saturday  :bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:

Not tempted to come to teesside on saturday instead???

Weather looks reasonable, no practice times been put up yet, so might have to call David to see if there is any practice on.

Only problem with saturday is its usually the busier day for the hire karts! But I know the lad who's just bought Jeff's tonykart is itching to have a go in it!

Tempted Pete but i'm gonna try and get to the bottom of me clutch problems. so a day in the garage i think. You can borrow me wets so you can race if you want

Anyone racing sunday?

I might have to joing this little avatar war at some point! :laugh:

Well, I think I might give the old karting a miss this weekend and start tinkering with the cow.

Me clutch is doing rather well at the moment! :)

no karting for us either, may pop down to tinsard on Sunday and watch a bit of action  :t-up:  :t-up:

Well, looks like I'm off to tinside tomorrow. Dan is desperate to go so will go and keep him company.

Well, didn't bother going to tinside this morning due to crap weather and some other reasons. But had a phone call off dan at lunch time and we headed for warden law. He's well chuffed with his purchase, a few little things to sort out but all is well.

1-12.jpg

2-12.jpg

And I had a sneaky go:

3-10.jpg

Was cold but the track seemed quite grippy actually, wasn't getting a lot of time on track though which was a shame.

Dan is desperate

Im sure there is a nickname in there somewhere  :suspect:  :suspect:

Pleased he is happy, good Kart that, not sure on the gearing though for warden Law, pretty sure that kart is running a 16 toothd front :suspect:  :suspect: what did it feel like Pete? any teething probs  ? was it wet or dry and did you run the wheels in or oot looks like they are right out in the pics ?   :suspect:

Dan is desperate

Im sure there is a nickname in there somewhere  :suspect:  :suspect:

Pleased he is happy, good Kart that, not sure on the gearing though for warden Law, pretty sure that kart is running a 16 toothd front :suspect:  :suspect: what did it feel like Pete? any teething probs  ? was it wet or dry and did you run the wheels in or oot looks like they are right out in the pics ?   :suspect:

I only got about 4 laps on it to be honest, it was as he got it from you so on tinside sprocket, was also still on a wet setting at the front. But it went ok, grip seemed fine. He's adjusted the seat so I dont really fit in it properley, also tightened up the pinch bolt on the column so it was too stiff, steering wouldn't return properley, quickly sorted that at the track though. He's still up there I believe, he was having a ball. Track was dry, was a bit of grip there too all things considered.

Shame I hadn't taken mine up this morning! :down:

Anyone going to tinside tomorrow. Could you have a word with david for me and price a clutch up. 20 tooth and ask if its the magnum or the noram???

Cheers

would be on a 16/70 which thinking about it is the same as a 74/17 which is what im going to run at Warden Law so should have been ok  :t-up: on your brief drive was the gearing ok to get out the tight corners ???

Ps. can you make sure he knows he needs to get a smaller sprocket for tinsard though Pete as it will be screaming its stones off everywhere on that set up ,a 68 would be my advice  :t-up:

Anyone going to tinside tomorrow. Could you have a word with david for me and price a clutch up. 20 tooth and ask if its the magnum or the noram???

Cheers

Scott I got my clutch for the bairns gx160 off ebay from kartparts direct , Ian got one for Bens this week I think from Prosport and pretty sure they were as cheap  :t-up:

We have a new arks tested msa reigstered member of team pugwash  :D  :D  :D  :D  :p  :p ... some fast b****y karts there today, to many rotax's on track for the littluns, but seems to be going ok   52.1 on slicks on dry/damp track. not the grip of the last meeting. weather looks crap for tomorrow

would be on a 16/70 which thinking about it is the same as a 74/17 which is what im going to run at Warden Law so should have been ok  :t-up: on your brief drive was the gearing ok to get out the tight corners ???

Ps. can you make sure he knows he needs to get a smaller sprocket for tinsard though Pete as it will be screaming its stones off everywhere on that set up ,a 68 would be my advice  :t-up:

Gearing I would say was pap, felt like a hire kart. When I had a 16 clutch I ran a 74 sprocket at Warden Law which was perfect. I also ran the 70 sprocket at tinside and again that was good. But a 68 might be better for tinside now they've taken that chichane out! :bangshead:

Bit the bullet and bought some brand new YGR wets today, my wallet has had an enema! :down:  :(  :0