karts

JeffC

captain seeing as though you drive it so well why dont you save me the hassle of setting it up for my driving style    just drop me a cheque in and you can have it    will even deliver it free of charge    

What about a bovine part ex?  :laugh:  :laugh:

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JeffC

• Pilot Pete

• slippy

• boblog

Top Posters In This Topic

captain seeing as though you drive it so well why dont you save me the hassle of setting it up for my driving style    just drop me a cheque in and you can have it    will even deliver it free of charge    

wayaye sheep cows goats wood,  swiss Log inc will take anything in px  ;)  :laugh:

wayaye sheep cows goats wood,  swiss Log inc will take anything in px  ;)  :laugh:

Jeff, I'm sure you're aware of the Cow's pedigree, It's father was the champion of champions at the 2005 Great Yorkshire show. Mother was a record breaking milk producer. This is of course, reflected in the price.

I'll take your w/f kart plus £300 in exchange for the legendary Cow.  :laugh:  :laugh:

Do we have a deal?  :t-up:

Try a larger back sprocket and or set clutch for faster take up
taken from this page

How do i check that the take up is the same on the clutches and how do i adjust them to take up quicker.

The clutches arent set the same as 1 engine when started makes the kart go off on its own and the other started first the kart will stand and not move.

whats the crack next sunday.

Try a larger back sprocket and or set clutch for faster take up
taken from this page

How do i check that the take up is the same on the clutches and how do i adjust them to take up quicker.

The clutches arent set the same as 1 engine when started makes the kart go off on its own and the other started first the kart will stand and not move.

whats the crack next sunday.

Scott, what are you doing asking karting questions on here?  :laugh:  :laugh:

I'm looking for about 10secs a lap at mo so definately need a NEW KART cant be my driving or the changing conditions  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :p

I'm looking for about 10secs a lap at mo so definately need a NEW KART cant be my driving or the changing conditions  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :p

Wanna buy a cow?  :)

Wanna buy a cow?  :)

got a cow westfield. don't need a cow kart   :0

captain seeing as though you drive it so well why dont you save me the hassle of setting it up for my driving style  :mad:  just drop me a cheque in and you can have it   :t-up: will even deliver it free of charge  :oops:  

old swiss gets attached to nothing  watch out children :oops:

the boys tonykart/ world formula is also going on ebay this week  too :t-up:  :t-up:

I wouldn't put that tonykart up for sale too quickly. I would get the boy to drive both on the same tyre's and see which is quicker.

On the day I was telling him the birel was leagues ahead but couldn't possibly say now.

BTW: forgot to say, I've bought a Racelogic Performance Box (data logger), more for when I'm racing the civic but I'm going try it on the kart and see what happens!

yeh I know what you are saying,but they both prefer the birel, (i think its a looks thing as it looks like the belends of ben and Pete)

I honestly dont think there will be much between them,the tonykart is good Ive driven it myself but  they are both set up totally different and yet they lap at similar times  :suspect:  :suspect:  , im pretty sure with some time tinkering and tailering the birel to him though he will eventually go quicker, I know he was on stickier tyres but as Ive discovered too much grip isnt always a good thing and it can make you slower  :suspect:  :suspect:  :durr:

yeh I know what you are saying,but they both prefer the birel, (i think its a looks thing as it looks like the belends of ben and Pete)

I honestly dont think there will be much between them,the tonykart is good Ive driven it myself but  they are both set up totally different and yet they lap at similar times  :suspect:  :suspect:  , im pretty sure with some time tinkering and tailering the birel to him though he will eventually go quicker, I know he was on stickier tyres but as Ive discovered too much grip isnt always a good thing and it can make you slower  :suspect:  :suspect:  :durr:

No, it makes you go slower, it makes everyone else go faster! :p  :p  :p

Honestly cant see it going faster with the YJL's on tbh. The difference in grip was unreal, it was stickier than sticky the stick insect stuck to a sticky bun! :laugh: . See what it does next week I spose.

Was a bit gutted though, thought you'd stumbled on the secret there, was ready to hand over me hard earned for some shiny bits! :D  :love:  :love:

no i think the only thing that is going to get you quicker is a tail wind down the back straight  :D  :D

reckon the boy at his lightweight wouldnt have been as quick on  the yjl"s either as it was so cold but was good to have them on to give Ryan some confidence though  on his first go :t-up:

but did you notice when Ben set the geo on dippys kart yesterday he advised him  to get the sticky rubber off and replaced them with harder tyres and he went quicker   ???  ???

no i think the only thing that is going to get you quicker is a tail wind down the back straight  :D  :D

reckon the boy at his lightweight wouldnt have been as quick on  the yjl"s either as it was so cold but was good to have them on to give Ryan some confidence though  on his first go :t-up:

but did you notice when Ben set the geo on dippys kart yesterday he advised him  to get the sticky rubber off and replaced them with harder tyres and he went quicker   ???  ???

Aye, those Vega SL8's are pretty awesome mind, those are the tyre's I've set my fastest lap ever on. Wish we could use them instead of the bridgy's, they seem to bite better out the box as well! Cant understand it though as like you say, they must be a harder tyre as they're used on rotax's! :0

Luckily,  next year the pro-karts are using Bridgestone YDS's, even harder than our YJL's! :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Pete, it is along time until 2010, next year :D  :D

Also, Ben told AJ to take the grippy rubber off and put the harder vega's on, and he was correct, AJ set his fastest ever lap @48.7 I beleive, so you can have too much grip. A step back may be a step forward. I respect Ben's knowledge. ;)  ;)

Pete, it is along time until 2010, next year :D  :D

Also, Ben told AJ to take the grippy rubber off and put the harder vega's on, and he was correct, AJ set his fastest ever lap @48.7 I beleive, so you can have too much grip. A step back may be a step forward. I respect Ben's knowledge. ;)  ;)

Belated Happy New year! :D  :p  :blush:  :blush:

Dont doubt the decision bob, I know fook all, just saying those vega's are good tyre's in my short experience :t-up:

I used them when you lot all fitted yer brand new bridgestones and they were on the pace! I think yer brother was using them as well actually, he took a shining too them. Still have no idea how they work though as they seemed to give me bags of grip, but from a harder tyre! Magic! I wonder if you can overheat a tyre thats too soft?

Either way, dippy has found some serious pace the last couple of weeks. I cant see the ballast making a load of difference either so should be real good crack if we all enter a race!

1st day back at work today, grrrrrrrrrrrrr! :mad: