Top Posters In This Topic

• JeffC

• Pilot Pete

• slippy

• boblog

Top Posters In This Topic

when you met me mark i was 96kgs ....

now down to a svelt 92kgs , and training hard to hit under 90, 85 would be nice

and still lapping in rotax max within a 10th of the top guys in my class who hit the 170kg over 35's limit (which is why i want the weight down to win the championship )

but some of us carry weight well

1809032bm3.jpg

i look allright in clothes can hide my weight well  but my size becomes obvious when i strip off  :down:  :down:

muscleman.jpg

:p  :p  :p

right chaps... just had mine on the scales, kart with battery on is 13stone 10lbs or 13stone 5 lbs with the battery removed.. im 13st 5 with my gears on which makes me on the kart at 172.2 kg  :down: needs to be 165kg  :suspect:

drop off the battery off will get 2kg so I need to shed 5kg to be at my ideal weight  :(

heading to the gym again this afternoon  :oops:

drop off the battery off will get 2kg so I need to shed 5kg to be at my ideal weight  :(

Muscle weighs more than fat so do cardio to lose weight!

You will have an adavantage in the wet though :oops:

right chaps... just had mine on the scales, kart with battery on is 13stone 10lbs or 13stone 5 lbs with the battery removed.. im 13st 5 with my gears on which makes me on the kart at 172.2 kg  :down: needs to be 165kg  :suspect:

162kg is the world formula weight Jefferey. ;)

So my kart is without a battery and weighs 13 stone 5lbs or 84.82 kg's in new money. I weighed myself with helmet and everything last night and was about 74kg's.

So together I'm 158.82 kg's, not sure how much weight fuel adds but I dont need as much weight as I thought, 0.5 a stone will probably do it once I've fueld up.

Sounds good but I'm slightly dissapointed. I would have thought the lighter you are the better really as you can then strategically place ballast where you want it. Did it have any fuel in when you weighed it Jeff???

I dont think I could get any lighter to be honest, if I went to the gym, I'd only build muscle and add weight. Still, means less faff with ballast I spose.

Something must be a miss here somewhere, how can dippy need 3 stone and I only need 0.5 a stone! :suspect:  ???

Technically the fuel is irrelavant to your weight as you would be normally weighed at the end of a race and hence in theory have very little fuel left .

Just thought, add a battery and I only need 1 kg.

If I fuel the kart up though to the brim, it wont use it all, so if I weigh it say on half a tank, I wont have used that much in the sessions we do or even a race I expect.

If you've got a big fat body, can you not lean it into corners for more effect? Is a two stone head not seen as an advantage?  :laugh:

If you've got a big fat body, can you not lean it into corners for more effect? Is a two stone head not seen as an advantage?  :laugh:

Oi! You should be ripping ivy off the side of a wall to make way for my shed! :p  :D  :laugh:

looking at the karts side by side I find it hard to believe there is 10KG difference in our Karts Pete .

so I expect as Harv more or less said my Kart will be more than the stated  74KG.

how have you weighed it Jeff .. ???

Oi! You should be ripping ivy off the side of a wall to make way for my shed! :p  :D  :laugh:

Your shed is parked round the other side of the house..  ;)

looking at the karts side by side I find it hard to believe there is 10KG difference in our Karts Pete .

so I expect as Harv more or less said my Kart will be more than the stated  74KG.

how have you weighed it Jeff .. ???

Having said that, on the day, you did comment that my kart seemed a canny bit heavier than yours. 10Kg sounds like a lot but yours did go like the clappers!

I think I need to get my kart on the scales as well, it should be the same as jeff's, but you never know, might be lighter. :suspect:  ???

I read somewhere that birels have slightly different components to Monza's, so if jeff's is a monza and mine is a birel, they might be different weights.

Either way, if I get near any of those times at tesside, my head will treble in size. :D  :D  :D