Old Carpet!

leighc

I've moved into a house where I finally have a garage (woohoo). I've swept out the concrete bed but it's still very dusty and very cold! anyone got any secondhand carpet or rubber sheet etc. to put down?

Or does anyone know where I could get something like that from? It's a rental property so I don't want to cover the place in oil.

cheers

Leigh

have you tried going to a carpet warehouse and seeing if they have any roll ends or bits they ar chucking from a job they have done (old or new) i lined a the frontera boot with some stuff a carpet guy was chucking out after redoing a house.

Failing the above, find out if there is a scenery or exhibition stand manufacturer around. Like us they will have plenty around going spare.

old lino would be a good under bed to keep the carpet from rotting.. concrete unheated will be damp and attract bugs, etc..

I went to the local Carpet warehouse and they gave me as many of the carpet samples that they were throwing away as I could fit in the back of my car.

I covered a 14 x 29 foot garage with them stuck together with gaffer tape.

Go when its quite and the staff are bored its amazing what you can get.

Good man!

Only slightly curious and as you put so much work into it - any chance of a photo?!   ???

Pingu

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.