Surrey Area Meeting - September

steppenwolf

Hi Folks,

Next Tuesday is our September meeting at the Parrot Inn at Forest Green from 7 pm onwards.

We welcome members from outside the area and we always make you very welcome unless your car happens to be blue in which case we will ignore you and pour scorn on everything you do ....  :D

Look forward to seeing you all there.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• steppenwolf

• mb893

• Blatman

• chappers

...oh envy  :p  :D  yellow is so last season  ;)  :D

I'll be there in my blue car. I'll even let you give me some pointers on fitting my new Raceline sump. That's if I don't have problems fitting the ARP conrod bolts. Their installation seems so straight forward on paper though I'm starting to worry, due to their rather critical nature :D . 8.5mm drill to ream hole, 45 degree countersink to enlarge hole to 9.75-10.00mm, and stretch gauge.....simple right ??? What's the worst that can happen?...... :D  I've always wanted a new engine. :D

...oh envy  :p  :D  yellow is so last season  ;)  :D

...... how cruel, when I chose it I hadn't seen another one, even the demonstrator car was orange! I wonder how many of these are called 'yellow peril' by neighbours and aunties?

The Raceline sump is just too beautiful to actually fit to your car where is will get dirty and dust damaged - it is such a work of art that it should really be placed on a smoked glass plinth and just admired! Although it would certainly perk up a blue car .....

The Raceline sump is just too beautiful to actually fit to your car where is will get dirty and dust damaged - it is such a work of art that it should really be placed on a smoked glass plinth and just admired!  :D

Although it would certainly perk up a blue car ..... ;)

Even the sump plug etc. are blue :blues:  :D

in which case we will ignore you and pour scorn

Damn it! You told me it was BOILING OIL.... Make your mind up!  :D

We'll be there, weather dependant, etc etc.

I'll be there too.

Does anyone ever get dinner there? The other half is away and I am fending for myself (read eating takeaway). :)

See you on Tuesday, might be in the other car though if the weather is bad. I don't fancy any more rotational incidents!

Me and Ali will be there  :D  no Westy with us though I reckon about it will be about six weeks till I finish(fingers crossed).

Got some body fitting questions for some of you  :p  

Steve

Although it would certainly perk up a blue car .....

In that case I'll bring a blue...

Mondeo...

Diesel :down:

I'm afraid that my blue car and I won't be there yet again. Maybe at the December meet.

Got some body fitting questions for some of you  :p  

It doesn't. Any other questions?

Does anyone ever get dinner there?

Food at the pub is pretty good - we have our annual dinner bash there.

Got some body fitting questions for some of you Got some body fitting questions for some of you

Best advice is to use a pneumatic crowbar to adjust the chassis to fit the body  :0  I am sure there will be plenty of advice on body fitting - it can be done very satisfactorily but put the 'precision engineer' in you aside for this part of the build as we are talking about it looking right, not being right ......

In that case I'll bring a blue...

If this weather doesn't change dramatically, me too. Last month's traffic light challenge still stands  :devil:

edited for silly typo ....

Does anyone ever get dinner there?

It's OK food, but VERY expensive.... £10 for burger & chips seems a tad steep.

Last month's traffic light challenge still stands  :devil:

I'm in a diesel. 10 seconds on the governer waiting for the green and you won't be able to see the lights for diesel smoke :oops::down:

If this weather doesn't change dramatically, me too. Last month's traffic light challenge still stands  :devil:

I haven't fitted my ARP bolts yet.  :D

Note to self....empty crap out of bootbox and don't fill up with petrol until after monthly meet; leave passenger at home.  ;)  :D