• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

adjusting the clutch

plawson63

Hey everyone,after successfully adjusting my suspension,i fancy trying to alter my clutch(if Possible). The Problem is that when i find biting point its quite hard to get the car to move without it jerking or using a bit of the accelerator. Im just wondering whether its the cable or just me  :) .

Anyway cheers guys

Pete

cable clutch????not sure,how do u tell??

There will be a cable running from the clutch pedal to an arm that disappears inside the bellhousing.

its too low i think

You need to be sure. I can't tell you which way to adjust it if you don't know if it's low or high. Too low = bite point near the floor. Too high = bite point too near the steering wheel...

If it's a hydraulic clutch and it's too low, it needs bleeding.

just checked,it seems that there isnt a cable but a bar at the bottom so does that mean hydraulic??if so i think its to high but also the accelerator seems a little funny too,it isnt very responsive when i just press it slightly.

What's the bar attached to? It may have a solid link between the pedal and the bellhousing, but that would still count as a cable clutch if it's attached to the clutch arm in the bellhousing.

If the bar goes in to a cylinder with a fluid reservoir attached, then it's hydraulic...

But...

if so i think its to high

How can you still not know if the bite point is too high or not? I'm not going to be able to help you until you give me a definite problem to solve...

As for the throttle pedal, again, you need to describe the symptoms accurately before anyone decides if you actually have a problem. I doubt the problem is connected to the clutch issue, but you never know. It may simply be that your unfamiliarity with a Westfield is the problem...

It may be easier to get yourself along to your local area meet and have a couple of more experienced guys sit in your car and try the controls out. If you're new to Westfields then there will be a whole host of things that you'll notice as you get used to it, things like how noisy the gearbox is in neutral, and how loud the diff is and all sorts...