Dry sump, Pinto/Cosworth

BillyWhizzz2002

For sale is a Dry sump setup i got for my pinto westy but thinking of going for engine upgade, so this will fund it some way.

It was fitted to a Van diemen formular ford race car and is in excellent working order.

Includes Alloy sump pan, Oil pump & bracket, Pullys & belt Hoses & bolts. It just requires a Oil storage tank & the pipwork for it.

Contact me if you want more pics.

13495.jpeg

13494.jpeg

Am in Pontefract, West Yorks.

Can fetch to local meet of meet you along the way if you coming far.

Cost to you......£480

ok mate, im reasonable interested in one of these but dont know a great deal abou thow they work. im a piping designer so understand piping etc and the theory behind these...

i know i need an oil tank too.

does the pump pully sit at the front of the engine and gun off the crank? if not, what turns the oil pump?

what happens to std oil pump on my pinto? is it left in place to turn or do you need to remove and fit a blank in its place?

cheers

There is a piggyback pully that is mounted infront of your bottom pully and has a drive belt to the dry sump oil pump pully.

Not sure what happens to original oil pump in sump better off asking in board room. I am not fully clued up on it all & would have been asking advice too.

Here is a pic of the dry sump installed on the Fc2000 (formula ford) race car engine.

13496.jpeg

put me down first dibs on it for the next couple of days. i'll do some research and get back to you asap. i'll let you know either way if i want it or not.

bear in mind i go offshore on friday morning till wednesday next week. i'll check email/forum on a nite but as i say, i'll not mess about i'll do some research and confirm hopefully ove rthe next 2-3 days

Looks like this Dry sump & pump is not going to fit in std westfield chassis without mods to chassis or pump mounting bracket + shorter drive belt. :(

Dont want any you guys buying and being dissapointed so am going to stick in on Fleabay.

Anyone wants it for a different chassis let me know & i will pull it off auction.

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.