Tyre pressure, slicks

Libell

I rekon if it is held next year, we all ought to go over and give Libell a bit of competition, might even bring the Supercharged Busa out of retirement for that  :laugh:  :0  :laugh:

Are you a mindreader  :suspect:  It would be nice if you came so i could get some one to fight against  :p

I have thought of that. The organizer asked me if I could "get hold" some similiar cars for next year and I told him that I would look into it. But my plan was to do that during the winther. The organizer let me stay over in a room there for free. So whitout promising anything I am quite sure that if anyone from UK want to attend at the race I can probably "get" free staying and maybe no fee for starting. And if you want to stay some extra days in my area for some holiday (2 hours away). I could probably arrange some free staying here also.

Of course I need to talk to the organizers and they have to look into any regulation "problems"

So please take serious thinking of this and I will for sure ask you all sometime early next year. :t-up:

Niklas,

The important thing with this is the date. we have quite a full calendar in the year, so need to know the date ASAP.

Then we can see who can make it.

Cheers

Nick

I,d be up for this too.

As well as the date; would there be any issues with the regs , scrutineering etc?? UK MSA licences etc etc.

Would be good if something could be sorted!!

Mark

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Libell

• Nick Algar - Competition Secretary

• mark.anson

• Terry Everall

I,d be up for this too.

As well as the date; would there be any issues with the regs , scrutineering etc?? UK MSA licences etc etc.

Would be good if something could be sorted!!

Mark

We have to check this up of course.

I dont THINK its a problem with the cars, as long as they have a book (racingbook?) I dont know what you call them. The class is a open class so any car with book can race (once again, I think). About the drivers licence. I think you guys have to talk to your organization about competing abroad, if there is any special rules. And we have to check same thing here. But it shouldnt be any big problems.

The date next year is July 11-12

Hi Niklas,

Will be putting the 11-12th July in my Diary and hoping none of the British Sprint events are on that date as would really like to come over and see you guys :D:D

Found this on the MSA site re competing abroard, but only refers to europe. As far as I know Norway isnt in the EU>....................

Found this on the MSA web site, but I dont think Norway is in the EU so doesnt help much!!!

Competing Abroard

I have been invited to compete within Europe, is my licence valid?

Since the FIA made changes to competing with the EU, MSA licence holders of National ‘A’ status and above can now only compete in events which are inscribed on the FIA Calendar as a National Event with Authorised Foreign Participation (NEAFP). Obviously your licence will need to be valid for the discipline of event which you wish to compete.

Only those competitors who have attained the Professional endorsement are able to compete freely within the EU at National Events so long as those events have been inscribed on the individual country’s National calendar. You will be subject to the National regulations of the country where you are competing.

Unfortunately National ‘B’ licences and below are endorsed (not EU) and are therefore NOT valid, irrespective of discipline.

How do I apply for a Professional Endorsement?

Professional Endorsements can be applied for at the time of renewal of your Competition Licence. You are required to forward official confirmation from a professionally qualified accountant that you have declared to the British fiscal authority monies earned through your participation, as a competitor, in motor sport, during the preceding financial year.

This confirmation is usually issued on official letter head and is forwarded together with your completed Competition Licence application and payment.

Upon approval of the endorsement your licence will be issued with the EU flag and endorsed “Professional”.

:bangshead:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:

Hi Niklas,

Will be putting the 11-12th July in my Diary and hoping none of the British Sprint events are on that date as would really like to come over and see you guys :D:D

That sounds good  :t-up:

Found this on the MSA web site, but I dont think Norway is in the EU so doesnt help much!!!

It´s Sweden  ;)

I dont fully understand the text. But it seems that you need to have National ‘A’ status ???

It´s Sweden  ;)

Sorry, my fault  :blush:

I think as a resident in the UK you need a National A licence or above to compete in the EU if the local organiser has NEAFP authorisation which they have to apply to the FIA for.

If the event in the EU doesn't have NEAFP then a UK driver will need a National A licence or above and have a Professional Endorsement on their licence.

I was hoping an International Speed might be OK.

• British licence holders of any International grade

will be entitled to take part in vents of the appropriate

type on condition that those events are entered on

the FIA International Calendar. MSA International

licences incorporate automatic permission to take

part in such events and contain the words ‘valid as a

visa, Article 70 ISC’. In case of difficulty please

contact the MSA.

Niklas, do you know if the event is entered on the FIA calendar ?

Don't the MSA & FIA make things difficult at times, I presume there will be some insurnace thing behind the rules  :bangshead:  :bangshead:

I was hoping an International Speed might be OK.

• British licence holders of any International grade

will be entitled to take part in vents of the appropriate

type on condition that those events are entered on

the FIA International Calendar. MSA International

licences incorporate automatic permission to take

part in such events and contain the words ‘valid as a

visa, Article 70 ISC’. In case of difficulty please

contact the MSA.

Niklas, do you know if the event is entered on the FIA calendar ?

Don't the MSA & FIA make things difficult at times, I presume there will be some insurnace thing behind the rules  :bangshead:  :bangshead:

Hmmm. dont think so. But I will talk to Lars and ask him about that, and also ask him to look into the regulations from our side. It most be possible to solve it in a "easy way"................. or not, when your MSA our SBF and FIA sets the play rules :bangshead:

It is several Norwegian drivers that has attended at this race, so it must be possible for foreigners to attend.

The race is a national race competition in a swedis SBF, of corse my english, and all EU drivers can driv this with internationall licens.

And the Norge the have a mystical contrac With SBF "EU".

But all driver as interested, can contact me and we can check if that is ok for you and your car!.

contact mail.

larsjonsson2@telia.com

//

Lars Jonsson