3 Counties Motor Show Newmarket/Cambs Area

chazpowerslide

The next Cambs meeting was to be at the Ferry Boat as per the calender however I thought this might be a bit more interesting.

The 3 Counties Motor Show is on Sunday 29/06/08 (this Sunday).

The show is on at the Rowly Mile Racecourse in Newmarket and is free to "interesting" cars which have a designated parking space within the show.

All you need to do is to turn up by 9AM and park up as directed you can leave at any time you wish.

The show is small but there is plenty to see and do and the Cambs Area have attended before and found it to be a good cheap day out.

Dick will be taking along his SEiW (currently for sale as he's brought another Westy to replace it with)

It'd be good if we could add a few more to the display.

Post up below if you fancy coming along I'll be there in the afternoon with the family in tow to represent the club.

Chaz.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blatman

• Liam

• SparkyB

• chazpowerslide

Tempted to hoon up, but as per Sparky, it's weather dependent :0

And I'll be shwoing my car in an "as it crossed the finish line" type state, as is traditional with cars returning victorious from Le Mans...

I will be there if Chris doesn't want his alternator back yet. Although, fingers crossed, my local sparks chap might have one that works soon.

The first one was dud and the replacement he ordered had rough bearings.

These things come with a 'tested' sticker. I assume 'tested' means 'it fits in the box'  ???

Dick's selling? What's he bought then? Is the xflow fixed? Why am I always the last to know? So many questions...

Sounds fun but I shan't be attending I'm afraid, I have to go to saaaaf London for some sort of poncey do. Shame, cos I owe Blatman a hiding.

Edited to say that it's 9AM for exibitor parking not 10AM, sorry my error.

This is so the exibitors can park up before tha public arrives (health and saftey requirement)

Chaz.

I'd come if my engine wasn't still in a 1000 bits  :oops:

I will be there if Chris doesn't want his alternator back yet.

Hang on to it Liam, I'm months away from getting my car ready  :(

Dick's selling? What's he bought then? Is the xflow fixed? Why am I always the last to know? So many questions...

Sounds fun but I shan't be attending I'm afraid, I have to go to saaaaf London for some sort of poncey do. Shame, cos I owe Blatman a hiding.

I have friends all over sarf London mateyboy...

Whereabouts though?

Chaz,

Well you know where i`ll be first thing  ;) probably give the show a miss this time.Are you coming to mine or am i coming to you ?

I'm months away from getting my car ready  

Thought you were on the home run Chris ?

Graham.

Thought you were on the home run Chris ?

Well the bottom ends done, but the heads still in bits, I had a row with the stem seals...have it sussed now.  My hols are coming up so I don't expect to get the head together anytime soon.  I'm aiming to be on the road by the end of summer  :t-up:

I've got a fuel leak at the moment.  It doesn't look nasty.  The hose from the swirl-pot to the injection pump has split.  If I can sort it on Saturday, I'll pop along on Sunday morning.

It looks like  a sunny 19 degrees on Sunday.

So that's Sparky (9am Sunday, oooo risky), Sarf Blatters, Dick Two Cars, me, Exxon Neil getting 'is 'ead fried again, and the family Slide pm.

Anyone else........ Jackson the Map, calling Mr Jackson, we need a route to Newmarket avoiding anything resembling a motorway or dual carriageway and preferably including Porlock Hill, Cheddar Gorge........... or Verity  :p:D