Mk1 Transit

Andrew Beattie

I'm looking for a swb mk1 transit van, probably in fairly poor condition to fit my budget, to restore and fit a modern diesel. If anyone could point me in the direction of one in the south, your help would be very much appreciated!

Thanks,

Andrew  :D

There were some German Fire brigade transits working their way across here recently. Some of them were on ebay. They are all red, immaculate, no rot, would be a good start for a project.

Thanks Windy, think I saw one on ebay that looked good, but I think RHD is a must as it will be my main mode of transport.  :D

Thanks Windy, think I saw one on ebay that looked good, but I think RHD is a must as it will be my main mode of transport.  :D

It may not be that hard to convert to Right hand drive - I'd consider it esp if you can get a van with a good body - very difficult for a MK1 i would have thought ?

The transit forum seems very helpful, so I'll keep an eye out their.

I suppose its sensible to still consider a lhd but will just have to weigh up each indivdual van that I come across, I may end up reverting a camper if its body is ok.

transit

This one in scotland seems good, might wait for a closer one though!  :D

ZViewItem" target="_blank">One here

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.