Anyone want a French holiday/retirement home

Norman Verona

We have made the decision to sell the house and one of the barns on our farm. We have priced them low enough to be considered a bargain.

If anyone on here is interested and buys direct the price will be lower than advertised.

The house can be seen here and is priced at 140,000€ for a direct sale. It needs about 10 days work and 1500€ worth of materials to complete into a large 2 bedroom house with large garden and pond.

The barn, here is huge and has over an acre of garden with wooded area and stream as well as the pond. It pre dates Napolean and is marked on some maps as a site of historic interest. I've had a quote from an (expensive) brit builder of 80,000€  to convert to a 3 bed house. It is 24 metres long and can be converted into a stunning residence with a total cost of about £125,000, less if you can do the work yourself.

Anyone interested, before the agents sell it, can contact me at norman@frenchblat.com

If you look around the agents website you'll see taht 140,000€ buys you a modern dolls house in a street full of other dolls houses. La Foie is very secluded and very quiet, apart from bird song and the occasional quack.

ed (again) to add - We are in the Loire valley, department 49 (maine et Loire) about an hour from Rennes, Angers or Nantes. Nearest towns are Segre and Chateaubriant both of with are 20 kms away (we are in the middle) Local town is Pouance. Getting down to villages we are between Armaille and Noellet on the D181.

We can just about see the nearest neighbours, but only in winter when no leaves on the trees.

ed, yet agian, to say that we will still be on the farm, as we'll be converting one of the other barns to live in.

Hiya Norm,

Where abouts is it? Cant find details of the department, nearest towns/villages etc etc.

Cheers,

Ian

Sorry ian. It's in the Loire Valley. Department 49 is Maine et Loire.

If you take the triangle made by Rennes, Angers and Nantes we are about center as it takes me about an hour to drive to any one of them.

The French Blatting web site shows it on a map -www.FrenchBlat.com

Thanks for that Norman. We're aiming to come over sometime in early October so my drop by. Ill tap you up nearer the time.

where's the owl  :D

Claude, PM sent. Ring me to make arrangement for meeting, thanks.

Mark, we evicted it on the grounds of it's rent arrears. It was in the garage barn but has left that now.  :D

Not many houses you can buy with it's aviary  :D

Ian, If you remind me nearer the time and tell me what port your coming in to I'll send directions to us.

Is "Parts For Sale" correct  :D  :D  :devil:  :devil:  :D assuming part of a farm  :D  :D  :D

Sorry Norman  :D  :D  :devil:  :blush:

where's the owl  :D

LOL.

Norm, mentioned this to the SAO but she said, "where's the beach?". I don't know, some people. ;)

Ooops, lost this and wrote to the chairman. Who's got egg on his face then! At least it's not duck egg or, indeed, owl egg. I did look in "cars for sale" but didn't think about looking in "parts". I suppose a part of a farm qualifies it.  :D

Beach? Is that where lots of sweaty people go to lie on the ground to get roasted?

Much beter in tghe peace and quiet of the country, by the side of a swimming pool and train the ducks to fetch the beer. I'm half way there - they peck at the bottles left by the side of the lounger.

If only we could sell Andreas House :(

Mark, take it of the market for 2 or 3 weeks then readvertise it as "Big reduction for quick sale".

As everyone wants a (percieved) bargain, you never know........

I'm really surprised no one wants these parts. They may have benn in use for about 250 years but they are really reliable and work well.

Take the barn (please someone take the barn), it's a major upgrade project. I just know how everyone loves upgrades.

The house is fast, cool (stone houses are very cool in summer but warm in winter - so were half way there) and only needs a bit of upgrading.

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.