• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Cambridge Area Summer Blat.

chazpowerslide

I'm soooo pi**ed off you had such a fantastic time and I wasn't there  :(   :mad::arse:  

I spent all weekend lapping valves and re-fitting pistons  :bangshead:

Stomps off to the fridge for a pint of jealosy   :blush:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• samcooke

• scruffythefirst

• Liam

• markcoopers

Tis alrigh Both Sparky and Baily (sorry Chaz) had video......about 12 hours between them I think

For the record the 14 mile run to and from South Moulton was nothing short of breathtakingly stunning (I was riding shotgun with Mark) and it felt unbelievably quick.

The tach was showing 6.5K at times (speedo not working) which is about 110MPH which gives an idea as to what it was like (bearing in mind that there are no straights on this bit of road)

I was absolutely staggered, I don't think the in car footage will do it justice what a rush!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The climb back up the Black Cat hill after was pretty spectacular too, though I'll admit I was feeling a bit uneasy towards the top as I couldn't see as we came out of the shade of the trees into the sunlight (I was pretty Mark was using the Force by this time)

Cheddar Gorge was a hoot, pitty about the bus but at least he pulled over for us.

I'm pretty sure that Liam took a few sneaky pics of Verity.................................

All in all a top weekend, a three day track day with super hospitality and a great bunch of people and copious ammounts "Doom"

Chaz.

Sounds as though you had a cracking weekend, I wish i was out enjoying the sun in the Xtreme, but, I spent Saturday & Sunday afternoon in and around the garage faffing about with cam belts and finding water leaks !

Sean

I'm just hoping I get the car finished in time for LWTLM to justify missing out.  Sounds like you guys had a great time, we shall have to have a repeat next year!

Liam, Pics are compulsory :p

Sean, you said it was running a bit rough, did you get it sorted?

Hmmm. Good point.

Errr - I mean - shut it snot boy. You're too scared to even come cos you know you can't stay with the Cambridge pace.

I seem to recall all you lot arriving *after* me at the Ace Cafe :p

Oh, and it's Mr Snot Boy to you... :p

Now, who's Verity?

Sean, you said it was running a bit rough, did you get it sorted?

Just needs timing up and should be OK, picking up my old timing gun from 15 years ago at the weekend, so will take another look then.

Cheers for the advice  :t-up:

Verity is the new Cambs mascot....if your not Cambs you can't ogle ;)

I'm Cambs and I want to ogle :devil:  :blush:  I think photos should be circulated via the area email  ASAP  :oops:

Mark is there any chance you could organise a repeat performance next year when all our cars are back on the road  ???  :)

I suspect so Chris, but we can discuss ideas towards christmas when we start to think about 2009 summer ideas