4 point harness

Jeff2

Can I fit 4 point harnesses and keep my standard westfield seats?  I'm concerned about the top anchor points, the shoulder straps will have to go around the seat or am I missing something? :oops:

You not missed anything, thats correct.

Thanks Adam

Does that mean that 4 point harnesses are Ok with standard seats?  I intend, once I get on the right side of the other half, to change to 4 point 3"/3" harnesses in place of my inertia reel type.  A lot of cash but I'm fed up buying cheap gear and then changing for the right stuff later on.

Regards

Jeff

You not missed anything, thats correct.

Thanks Adam

Does that mean that 4 point harnesses are Ok with standard seats?  I intend, once I get on the right side of the other half, to change to 4 point 3"/3" harnesses in place of my inertia reel type.  A lot of cash but I'm fed up buying cheap gear and then changing for the right stuff later on.

Regards

Jeff

Not sure about 3" ones on the standard seats. I suppose it would be okay but all the 3" ones I have seen have at least the westfield racesets fitted which have slots at the top.

Take a look at the pictures of this car in the cars for sale area: Harnesses on 'normal' seats

That way you can get an idea of what they would look like on standard seats. Personally I switched to race seats when I made the switch to harnesses but only cos I wanted black seats...

Jace

Re: Bootbox Lid

Good question, the old addage about measure twice cut once applies but if it were me I'd get somebody who knows what they're doing to do it...

...probably because I am next to useless when it comes to fiddley jobs like that!  :sheep:

Personally I created a template and then made a blanking plate (at of plywood) to replace the bootbox...

...manage to get everything lined up quite well considering.

Jace

If you're of slim to average build then the fit of  harness shoulder straps is not good when using sports seats. Never found I could get them as gtight as I'd have liked as seat back spreads the straps quite wide

I've changed from 2" straps to 3" straps and I find the fit much better with my westfield sports seats. The 2" ones always felt like they were going to slip off my shoulders. If I had the choice/cash though would get race seats with slots.

This should give you an idea of what they look like.

13044.jpeg