***Brake Bleeding Experts***

Scottish Bloke

Mr Shepherd and I have spent an age trying to bleed his brakes tonight, still has long pedal.  New rear calipipers fitted. Just had a read on here about removing the caliper (sierra rear) to bleed. We'll try that tomorrow when we get to harewood. May need the SS friendly advice/spanner squad to assist. Cold beer will be present  :t-up:  

Bring yer tools

Jocksport

Its not a problem Rich

Undo the bottom small bolt, that holds the two halves together, rotate the caliper up over so the bleed nipple is above the piston or higher then when bolted up, make sure there is some contact between the piston pad and disc, then bleed.

In the Westfield set up the bleed nipple is too low and you can still get a small pocket of air trapped in the top.

It worked for me, and I sorted a lads car at a track day and he said his trip home was with the best brakes since he had built it :t-up:

Its not a problem Rich

Undo the bottom small bolt, that holds the two halves together, rotate the caliper up over so the bleed nipple is above the piston or higher then when bolted up, make sure there is some contact between the piston pad and disc, then bleed.

In the Westfield set up the bleed nipple is too low and you can still get a small pocket of air trapped in the top.

It worked for me, and I sorted a lads car at a track day and he said his trip home was with the best brakes since he had built it :t-up:

Thanks Mark,

Nipple is at the top on the sierra rear, so the nipple is above the piston ???  ???

Yep it is at the top, but not high enough. there is still room in the chamber for trapped air above the nipple.

OK, we'll have another go tonight

Rich