6'2" Driver?

kitemark

Hi,

I have searched using the search and also scanned all the topics I can see so i’m sorry if this is repeating.

I have been out for a drive in a friends Westfield as a passenger, and have been instantly hooked. I’m now looking into the possibility of buying a car. Being 6'2" do I stand a chance of managing to get a car that I will fit into? and if so could someone offer me some advice as to what I should be looking for?

I have searched about but have probably missed the obvious bits about what I am asking! I’m preferably after a 2nd hand or pre built car as much as I would love to build my own I just don’t have the time as i’m away working so much.

Thanks,

Mark

Hello and welcome :)  :)  :)

Now that the clocks have changed there should be plenty of Westies turning up at the local Essex meet.  Introduce youself and see how you fit in.  You should be fine.  :)  :)  :)

Rory's Dad

Previous owner of my current car was 6' 5" or thereabouts...fitted fine.

SS double driver m8 in my old car was definitely 6' 5", fitted fine.

You shouldn't have trouble finding one that will fit, just bear in mind that tunnel sizes, pedal and seat settings will vary (so don't be put off if the first one doesn't fit)

[edit] getting to a local meet is a 2nd'd idea [/edit]

I'm 6'2" and recently bought a SEiW with floor mounted pedals and standard Westfeild sport seats and I have to have the seat a couple of clicks forward so don't think you will have any trouble. As others has said, get out there and have a sit in a couple :-)

I'm 6' 1" and don't have the seat all the way back...

I have followed threads on this subject before and they convince me that two people of the same height will have different levels of comfort in the same car and you need to drive a car for some distance before you know if you will be comfortable in one.

I have a 2005 SEiW with standard sports seats and floor mounted pedals.I have shortened the pedal push rods to give as much room as possible and at a little over 6 ft.

I would like some more leg room,with small trainers my hands still hit my knees on the steering wheel.Now thinking about a lowered floor.

The car is fine to drive for short distances but I do get a little uncomfortable after about 100 miles.My problem is that I cant straighten my left leg,maybe with suspended pedals I could tuck my foot under the clutch pedal then it would be better,My advice to you would be :-

Go and buy one they are b****y brilliant and you will love it

I would like if possible to meet up with some of you fellows with lowered floors,possible

at Stoneleigh to see what difference they make.

with small trainers my hands still hit my knees on the steering wheel.

Take the trainers off your hands, it'll help

I am 6ft 2 and found my 1992 SEIW a little on the small side when I bought it. My legs touched the steering wheel and made it very hard to turn. A few minor mods and I fit in it fine. I simply removed the dashboard and fitted a spacer between the steering column and the chassis, this moved the height of the wheel up so it cleared my legs. Easily done witha a bit of threaded bar from B&S. Also a 260mm steering wheel helped.

I would also say that if not already fitted, an RAC bar would be recommended, my head is way above the rollbar on mine (mine is fitted with a low height bar not as with the newer models)

Problems solved and not exactly breaking the bank.

Nice!

I'm 6'2" (or a bit taller in the mornings) and I found I had the problem with my left knee getting in the way when steering. I have the lowered floor. To overcome this I changed the standard sports seats to unpadded shell seats (from MK) and set them as low as possible. Also put the seat right back as far as it would go to get my legs as straight as possible. Also brought the steering wheel a bit closer by adding in some spacers between the boss and the wheel. Now it is just perfect for me.

It depends how long yer legs are , if youre more than 33 inside leg its murder getting trousers to fit never mind a westy  :sheep:

If you put block on the pedals, someone as short as 6'2 will be able to drive a Westfield.

Being 6'6, I fit mine perfectly!