Wanted - XE Camcover

Sir Greg

Sorry......title should read Timing belt cover...doh!

After witnessing a pals engine being lunched after a stone became jammed between his cambelt and bottom pulley, I've decided to fit a timing belt cover to my XE engine.

If anyone has a spare please drop me a pm with price/postage etc and maybe I'll take it off yer hands.

Cheers,

Greg

*IF* you don't have any luck on here Mate

There's a couple on Ebay or it's worth a look on Migweb

Alternatively have you thought about an Aluminium plate on the bottom of the Engine compartment, below the Crank pulley    ???

Have one on mine and can send a photo if you want   ???

Alternatively have you thought about an Aluminium plate on the bottom of the Engine compartment, below the Crank pulley    ???

I'm intrigued, photos please. :)

Alternatively I believe Swindon Race Engines do an insert that fills the open spaces between the belt, therefore still leaving it all accessible.

But I bet its not cheap.

personally I run with the covers on.

Probably the better option, it only for the fact that it you havent got the cover, then you probably havent got the back plate fitted, and all of the cast alloy mounting brackets, rubber bobbins etc. And you possibly have a modded cam cover too...

I'm intrigued, photos please. :)

Will post Tomorrow night Mate     :t-up:

Thanks for the responses and tips guys. I had thought about fitting some ally sheet plating underneath and that might still be the best option (as Stu points out, the fittings and mountings for the cover have long gone anyway).

My fear then, is that the sides are still pretty open (around the wishbones etc) and a trip to a gravel trap could have stones flying through there.

Would be good to see the pics Perksy...  :t-up:

As Promised     :D

Obviously as Greg says it's possible for Stones to get in by the Wishbones and think if i was doing Track days and ending up in the Gravel i'd be wanting the Full cam belt cover set-up if it was possible to fit it  

AllyCover.jpg

Picture375.jpg

Mind that bit of yellow string doesnt get wapped round your pullies  :laugh:

Nice pics, I still wouldn't fancy relying on that instead of the standard cover. :0  :)

I'm sure somebody will come along to disagree :p

I have back plate & ali fiitings if your interested.

Greg, I've got a front undertray like Perksy's at the moment but just about to do a new one.  With protection from kitty-litter in mind, i'm going to extend the tray sideways so it's the same width as the sidepod and then curve it upwards a few inches to try and close off some of the hole between the wishbones.

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.