The Long Way North

studbuckle

Was annoyed enough when my boss vetoed the time off meaning I can't be there - now reading all this and seeing everyone getting excited I'm absolutely gutted!!!  :(  :(:angry:

Hope you all have a safe and enjoyable trip, and hopefully I'll be able to come if there is an repeat another year!

:t-up:

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• studbuckle

• Buzz Billsberry

• carpetstu

• scooby

S squardon be on the apron 09.30 sharp,  debrief 09.35 then chocs away @100:00hrs

What a great weekend, the effort put into the road map must have been enormous credit to Carla & Simon. Saturday roads were amazing and the pace was somewhat quicker than I'd expected..... but loved it. The clothing's of fabulous quality giving a lasting momento for the event.

For those finishing the Sunday drive 'a big well done'!

Thanks again Simon & Carla

Many thanks to Carla & Simon for another great weekend.

Cheers

David & Kate

What a weekend, fantastic fun!

Met a great bunch of new people making this our first event of this type highly enjoyable.

A big thank you to all of the organisers and look forward to seeing some pictures posted soon.

Thanks again

Steve and Adam  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)

WHAT A WEEKEND!   :D  :D

Buzz Carla and Simon a very very big thank-you, from Neil and Myself,  for a great route and the time and effort you guys put in.

As some of you know, I had a small altercation with a kerb, bending my lower wishbone.  :bangshead:

With a Big thanks to John ( the mobile mechanic in the pictures), he heated bent and fettled my wheel back into position plus re-tuned the webers while he was at it! :D and not only did we got the route finished but got the car home on its own rubber!  :cool:

Neil (my navigator) is hooked for life and is actively looking for his own Westfield!   :t-up:

pictures -----

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/carpetstu/Lwn?authkey=PQxqaM6hMjE

Wishbone------------

13558.jpeg

Oh if any of you are in the neck of the woods we where and need a great mechanic --- phone John !!!!

Cheers guys for a great weekend. My ears are still ringing from the sound of Carpet Stu's exhaust but all is good.

Hopefully will be joining you all again in my own westi for another Long Way North.. or South.. weather pending.. haha..

Got back to a wet wiltshire Monday afternoon.  What a great weekend.  900 miles in my westie and an un prompted blast on my clackson was the only problem.  Great weekend with a great set of people.

Thanks Si and Carla for a great event and an A plus to Pete and Ros for leading us the whole way at some pace.  Looking forward to next time.

Regards,

George. :)  :)  :)  :D

Yes, top marks to the organising team.

Despite missing the start by turning left too soon and ending up in Edale  :blush: ,  Sue and I enjoyed ourselves and the company.  After an overnight stop at the Bridge Hotel in Wetherby on Sunday and a leisurely drive home, we arrived in sunny (it says here) Newport at 16:30.  About 1000 miles in all, or about £170 in go juice.

Yesterday morning I got pigeonholed by a girl who runs a performance driving school, and arranges trips to the Nurburgring (she had been at Elvington on the Sunday IIRC).  I will edit this to add her name and web page details when I get home tonight.

Hi everyone,

In response to all the very nice reactions I would like to add that also my brother in law (Eppo) and myself had a marvelous time!! We are really glad that we able to be part of the experience. Fortunately we were able to catch our ferry (after racing towards the Hull ferry terminal). We had only three minutes to spare but it turned out to be just enough. Unfortunately we were not able to say goodbeye to everyone as we had to leave in a hurry but thanks for everyone involved and a special thanks to Simon Carla and Buzz for a great weekend!

Take care and maybe see you next year with my own drive ... ;-))

Thanks thus far for all the thanks.

I'd like to thank everyone who turned up and enjoyed themselves. Special thanks also to those who braved the weather and made it all the way to Berwick-upon-tweed to meet the mad vicar :)

For our part Carla and I do this for the smile on peoples faces getting to the end of two days in the saddle.

Without some help we wouldn't have been able to run this event so thanks to:

Buzz, for enduring two days in the Altea with Carla and I doing the recci run, for organising the tour stickers and for his help in stuffing the roadbooks

Richard & Robert Bellfield, for printing the invites, printing the roadbooks, posting everything out and also assisting in stuffing roadbooks.

Steve 'Muttley' Maund, for trying to beat my price on rugby shirts :) some welcome tour transport in the hairdresser special and forgetting every conceavable detail about the event at some point along the way.

Mike 'Treasurer' Smith, for processing the payments incoming and outgoing

Mark 'The Boss' Stanton, for his continued support and guidance.

13566.jpeg

k****l Carpet Stu, you were just down the road from my house there, good old John, John Tune used to do my dads cars years back. :t-up:

Never even gave it a thought Saturday Morning or I would have come out and given you all a wave having said that it would have  done my head in watching you all blatting past after i had to drop out.  :bangshead: