• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

Can I borrow some side-screens?

flat_four

As above,

before I silicone my screen into place, has anyone local(ish) to Bicester got any sidescreens I can borrow for an afternoon just to check that the rake is ok? I guess they need to be the current style ones just to be sure.

Westfield ones are on a 2 week leadtime and I'm anxious to get the screen secured before then.

TIA,

John

Thanks very much for the offers guys :t-up: .

I'll see if I can borrow any closer to home, but if not I'd like to take one of you up on the offer.

Thanks,

John

John

I am not local - so can not lend you mine.

I have an old build manual (1998)

Module five - page 24

I have not got access to a scanner until Sunday - if you want me email pages to you.

If you look at the windscreen support (metro wingmirrors).

And use the front corner as a reference point.

Should be mounted

Nearside

134mm vertical from bottom of skuttle (130mm if you have detachable r/w arches ?)

75mm horizontal from front of skuttle (the same if you have detachable r/w arches)

offside

133mm vertical from bottom of skuttle (130mm if you have detachable r/w arches ?)

80mm horizontal from front of skuttle (90mm if you have detachable r/w arches)

Then measure "inside face of windscreen" to top front corner of "chassis cross member"

1008mm in length (1012mm if you have detachable r/w arches)

If you are still stuck, do you want me to measure my side screens - so that you can then make a cardboard (?) template to try it out.

Hope this helps

Thanks Eric,

I've put the screen on as per the dimensions in the manual, but have heard elsewhere that it's wise to fit the sidescreens before finally silicone-ing the screen in place as the dimensions can't be treated as gospel. The factory also confirmed this when I spoke to them last week.

I'll try and borrow some still, but if not I'll have to make some templates I think!

Cheers,

John  :)

Thanks very much to all who offered, I have just picked some up locally so I'm sorted now.

Cheers all,

John :)

I'm sure they're luvverly! :D  :D

They're just luvverly a long way away... :D  :p

BTW, just applied for SVA - should be able to tell you how good the BGH box is soon! Is yours in and running yet?

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.