2000S and SEiW differences

Tim Reid

Hello all  :t-up:

I have been looking to buy a SEiW as I am 6'2" and like the space it offers. Recently a 2000S has come-up for sale, could anyone explain what the differences are?

Many thanks,

Tim Reid.

There's no difference in the chassis as far as length and width goes.

2000S refers to a Duratec engined SEiW... I think... :blush:

There's no difference in the chassis as far as length and width goes.

2000S refers to a Duratec engined SEiW... I think... :blush:

The current Duratec kit was called the 'Sport 2000'

The current '2000S' kit was the 250bhp Duratec with 6 speed sequential box and the uprated chassis with extra bracing etc.

But as Ludo states the above post could be refering to the Zetec engined model.

I 'think' the only difference between a current SEIW and 2000S is forward of the engine bay bulkhead  ??? Thats what I remember when I was at the factory last year ;)

Engine differences notwithstanding, the cabin area is substantially the same as any other SEiW, so at 6'2", you may well need the seat moving forwards a bit ;)

Recently a 2000S has come-up for sale, could anyone explain what the differences are?

Many thanks,

Tim Reid.

About £12K!!! but as others have said the dimensions regarding the seating is the same u'll fit in either; my gay friend Muttley's V8 is 6ft 3" and he fits in  :oops:

Buzz

Recently a 2000S has come-up for sale, could anyone explain what the differences are?

Many thanks,

Tim Reid.

About £12K!!! but as others have said the dimensions regarding the seating is the same u'll fit in either; my gay friend Muttley's V8 is 6ft 3" and he fits in  :oops:

Buzz

Ya but I'm alot better looking than you, plus,

Your never coming round and eyeing up the wife again...

he might be talking about the 96' 2000s zetec that came up on sale this morning on PH.

Got it in one!

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/415935.htm

I'm going to have a look tomorrow so fingers crossed I will be joining the fold pretty soon  :)

Any advise as to what I should look out for? I have seen some new (2000/2002) versions for not much more money, are there many differences?

Thanks all  :)

PM sent - The car looks o.k but some questions sent based on the 'Factory Built' statement - the main one being why is a Factory Special Edition on a Q plate  ???

Glen