Bighead Fasteners - putting an order in

flat_four

I used them to mount my carbon fibre wings some time ago. Told them I was researching the possibility of using them commercially and I got about 20 for free........had to pay for the glue though.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• flat_four

• adamnreeves

• dombanks

• dabar

8 x 15mm for me please.  :D

are you going to post a list so we know you have everybody confirmed?

cheerz!

OK,

So far we have:

Boardroom ID       Part No               Thread          Quantity

flat_four                316-M1/B32        M5x16                8

316-M1/B15        M5x25                4

dombanks              316-M1/B32        M5x16                8

adamreeves           316-M1/B32        M5x16                 8

dibbly                   316-M1/B32         M5x16                 16

316-M1/B15         M5x25                 4

BlacknBlue            316-M1/B32         M5x16                 8

Pistonbroke          316-M1/B32         M5x16                 8

howelly2k0           316-M1/B32         M5x16                 8

geothro               316-M1/B32         M5x16                 8

nathanD              316-M1/B32         M5x16                 10

316-M1/B15         M5x25                 10

dabar                   CABLE TYRAP (STAINLESS) - B32     12

michaelcoombs      CABLE TYRAP (STAINLESS) - B32      8

StuartMackay        CABLE TYRAP (STAINLESS) - B32      8

Having spoken to them again today, delivery on the studded parts is 3-5 working days, apparently the tyrap ones are 14 working days (this is to me, I'll send them out to people straight after).

Costs are:

£1.08 per 16mm studded fastener

£1.013 per 25mm studded fastener

£1.68 per tyrap fastener

+ delivery at cost

Let me know if I've cocked anything up :durr:  :sheep:

I'll place the order tomorrow and assume this is all ok unless I hear different. I'll let you know when it's done and then I'll need people's addresses to send stuff out.

Cheers all,

John  :)   :t-up:

Ok, we're go!

I put the order in today as per the above list. There were a few more ordered than when I got the original quote, so prices might have gone down a bit - I won't know till I get the invoice when the bits arrive.

Anyhoo, I'll work out postage between us all and I'll let you all know as soon as.

Oh, and they found enough tyrap ones in stock so they will be delivered with the studded ones as well. Bonus! :D

Cheers all,

John

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

Sorry it's been a bit delayed (blame Easter!), but I've received all the Bighead Fasteners now and have PM'd each of you with payment details etc.

Let me know if there are any problems etc.

Cheers,

John :t-up:

I've got 4 of the 25mm long ones spare (15mm square base so smaller than the other ones) as I was planning to fix my boot box with them but have changed my plans. Are these any use, or are you wanting 8 for your cycle wings? I'm afraid my others are accounted for... :(

John

Last time there were supplies going on the boardroom I sent a post and/or a PM expressing interest and never received an answer! You know who you are.

Adam,

If that was me back in 2006, then I apologise profusely, it was the first time I did a bulk buy and things got a bit manic trying to keep tabs on who wanted what and paid etc :blush:

Needless to say, I won't be doing another one in a hurry  ???  

Tiggs

Last time there were supplies going on the boardroom I sent a post and/or a PM expressing interest and never received an answer! You know who you are.

Adam,

If that was me back in 2006, then I apologise profusely, it was the first time I did a bulk buy and things got a bit manic trying to keep tabs on who wanted what and paid etc :blush:

Needless to say, I won't be doing another one in a hurry  ???  

Tiggs

Yep guilty but I am not a grass, respect for admiting though  ;)

I've got 4 of the 25mm long ones spare (15mm square base so smaller than the other ones) as I was planning to fix my boot box with them but have changed my plans. Are these any use, or are you wanting 8 for your cycle wings? I'm afraid my others are accounted for... :(

John

Yeah it's the 8 for the cycle wings I'd need - not to worry I'll give the sikaflex method a go instead.

Thanks anyway.

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.