Cortina Uprights

Derby Allen

The pair i have currently fitted are now getting very tatty so to make life easy i thought it may be better to get another set first which can be cleaned up etc, so my car doesn't have to come off the road for too long, anybody got a pair hanging around, must be someone who has upgraded to aluminium, not worried to much about their condition.

Steve

I don't have a spare set, but it only took me a day to remove uprights, clean with wire brush attachment in drill and paint with hammerite. :)

HTH

Bean, having done that first time around I was hoping to get the spare pair blasted then powder coated in work, all of which will take time, I'm also not happy with the quailty of the ones i have fitted as they have had the modification done to give better clearence for the top ball joint. just a question of bitting the bullet and buying Ali uprights, but where does it stop, next it will be calipers, hubs, shocks, hence if there are any original ones about i'll keep to the same, if only i had lots of money :bangshead:  :bangshead:

I totally understand.

I recently bought a new pair of cycle wings, plain black from ESP and they're very nice. Bought a new set of cycle wing brackets from Westfield since my ones had gone rusty and were an odd pair.

Went to fit brackets only to find the uprights needed machining, so did that with an angle grinder and cleaned up with wire brush attachment on drill.

Decided to replace the hubs for alloy ones (that's another story), I've even cleaned up all brake/suspension bolts. :p  :blush:

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.