For sale

mark.anson

For sale,

Ford Type 9 gearbox. Long input shaft type (getting rare) . No bellhousing or gearlever. Came off my VX car when I fitted a straight cut box. Good condition when removed 12 months ago, and has lived on my garage floor since.

£50.00 collection only (Blackpool)

Also pair of old M16 calipers. Removed from MK5 Cortina donor car. Working fine when removed but will need a refurb now or ideal to use as an exchange.

£10.00 collection only.

Mark

Mark,

With it being a long input shaft does it require any modifications for it to fit ?

Its to go in my VX with type 9 and westfield bellhousing.

If unsure can I have 1st dibs until I clarify

Thanks

Karl  :t-up:

Karl - Is This Any Help ? - See Hurdsey's post No. 192

Also a little bit of info on post 89 (Gedgetman) of the same posting

Mark,

With it being a long input shaft does it require any modifications for it to fit ?

Its to go in my VX with type 9 and westfield bellhousing.

If unsure can I have 1st dibs until I clarify

Thanks

Karl  :t-up:

Karl,

Dont know about the Westfield bellhousing. I had an SBD one with my VX.

You can have 1st dibs but please let me know one way or the other.

Mark

Mark,

Knowing that its usually Pretty late when Karl gets to log on at home - do you know the measured length of the input shaft or what the length of the SBD bell housing was - it may assist Kerl in checking the fitment etc.

The SBD site states 2 bellhousings are abvailable - cut + Paste off their website below ;

There are 2 lengths of bellhousings the 150mm, which is for use with the Ford gearboxes RS2000 4 speed & Sierra 5 speed. The 170mm is for use with the Ford V6 gearbox of if you wish to mount the engine further away from the gearbox & you are having a gearbox specially built with a long input shaft.

Regards

Glen.

Thanks Glen  :D

Mark my westfield bell housing is the same as the SBD one.

As I guess you had no spacers and you fitted a direct replacement for the type 9 it sound pretty reasonable yours is a modified one.

If you could measure the input shaft to be sure that would be great.

Cheers

Karl :t-up:

Thanks Glen  :D

Mark my westfield bell housing is the same as the SBD one.

As I guess you had no spacers and you fitted a direct replacement for the type 9 it sound pretty reasonable yours is a modified one.

If you could measure the input shaft to be sure that would be great.

Cheers

Karl :t-up:

No probs Karl, i will measure it up at the weekend.

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.