Wind Deflectors

namaste

Yes, I have a pair similar to the ones shown as do many other people on the site.

They are ok and offer some protection from the wind.

Great on a nice hot sunny day. (If you can remember what one of those is)

Does anyone have a pair of these wind deflectors?

click

If so are they any good  ???

The bad news is the hinges are about £6 a pair and you will need 4 off  :t-up:

Yep I had a pair as well - well made

The only issue i had was they "lifted" on the hinges as speed (70 plus)

Nearly lost one at 90! just caught it before it took off! LOL

I have tried two sorts of  wind deflectors and I think the effectiveness of them depends a lot on how far back in the car you are sitting. I have the seats back as far as they will go to get some leg room and still got a lot of turbulence, although it was better than without deflectors. I have been a passenger in the car and with the seat further forward the turbulence was reduced quite a lot.

Unaplas - Brimingham do a set with a folded under piece that fits against the body work, about £70 tho plus hinges ... Work well, wouldn't be without a set - loads of threads on this subject

Westfield sold me a set of half-hinges for the deflectors I made.

WINDEFLECTOR1a.jpg

Get the half hinges, knock out the pins and replace with a bolt..............then they dont fly off!!

I used to use them in fact I never went anywhere without them they meant I could breath in the cockpit :).  

I used to keep the hood in the boot but never took the doors with me. If it rained heavy enough to require the hood I put it on, anything above 60 and the hood would be trying to lift of but to be fair if it was raining hard enough for the hood I never went anywhere near that speed due to lack of vision and the possibility of standing water with 1B tyres.

Aeroscreen now though so thing of the past.

Worth every penny IMHO