MSA changes

conibear

Nope that is not what I said or implied - sorry to sound negative Graham but once more it clearly demonstrates a personal interpretation.

I would have stated exemptions were allowable if I had meant that and no they aren't  :)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mark Stanton

• conibear

• windy

• RobC

So are you saying it is possible for clubs to apply to the MSA for catalyst exemption as was the case with the fuel fiasco?

One of my concerns with all this, apart from the  personal financial cost, is the effect it will have on the championships and clubs themselves.

I just cant see that  the majority of people whos car hasnt /cant take a CAT is going to go to the expense to fit one. Competitors will effectively forced out of the sport. That will mean smaller entries at events and therefore harder for the respective clubs to remain financially viable.

I am aware of an incident in rallying last year, during the fuel fiasco, where a competitor (who I wont name on here)was disqualfied from an event because his WRC didnt comply witrh the fuel regs. Trouble was (probably unknown to the scrute at the time) that this competitor was sponsoring thier series to thew tune of £20,000 or so. He was so annoyed he withdrew his sponsorship on the spot.

This has the potential to affect clubs sponsors as well as competitors.