MSA changes

conibear

Apart from the Catalytic converter which will be mandatory on our competition cars from 1st January 2009, it appears that Regulation J20.14.8: FIA-homologated rear warning lights will be compulsory in all race events from 1st January 2008 :(

So, is anyone on here informed enough to advise whether the standard WF rear light set and Landrover fog light conforms ???  

I suspect not :(

Anyone recommend a product that does conform ;)  :D  :bangshead:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mark Stanton

• conibear

• windy

• RobC

Coni,

NO they won't comply. genaral practice is to fit a single one in the centre of the car, which should be mounted as near to the vertical as possible and the important bit MUST be MSA approved.

Thanks Nick

So does ESP manufacture products suitable for my brake and fog lights ;)  :t-up:

Straight answer is unfortunatley no. It is going to need a seperate light. I have bought in a couple of lights that are MSA approved and am looking at making a housing for them to put in the centre of the spare wheel area if there is enough interest. They are the Luxvision one, which is on page 317 of 07 Demon Tweeks catalgue. I could make ahousing to allow people to angle this light over to ensure it is vertical. Let me know if interested.

Cheers

Nick

Not having my blue book to hand does this mean I need to sort a cat then for sprinting...? for next year...

but sprint events are NOT race events - so does this rule count ?

Not for sprints or hills

Not having my blue book to hand does this mean I need to sort a cat then for sprinting...? for next year...

If entering the WSCC SS or a championship in existance prior to 2008 then No you do not need a Cat for 2008 ........................... 2009 however is a minefield and I am currently endeavouring to get a written reply from the MSA  ;)  ;)

Cool

Not necessarily .................. 2009 could be troublesome for many forms of motorsport unless cat matters are resolved and confirmed by MSA  :down:  :down:  :down:  :down:  :bangshead:  :bangshead:

may well hold off on the new manifold and silencer then :)

Those of you who have read your copy of Motorsport Now! may have noticed that there is an announcement in there that says that your existing rain lights are sufficient while the FIA update their rain light rules, so no need to ruch out and buy an FIA compliant one for 2008.

Mark Stantons posting on CATs is the worst start to 2008 we cold have wished for. How the hell can we fit CATs to engines not designed to use them or tuned so as not to run with them. Even mod prods appears to be included. Could be several cars for sale soon and many pulling out of competetive motor sport unless there are easy solutions to fitting CATS without ruining power. Why does this not apply to all motorsport including single seaters and F1 :bangshead:  :bangshead: