Laptop for sale HP Compaq nc6230 Notebook

gee_fin

Now sold, another even cheaper laptop added below!

HP Compaq nc6230 Notebook PC p/n EY401ET

nc6320_400x400.jpg

Very good spec, bought it for my own use but haven't even opened it as since bought another one before it arrived! I bought it due to nice small size, excellent power, excellent battery life and range of ports (4xUSB, Serial port for those old ECUs, Firewire for video and smartcard reader, parallel etc). I went for the 15.4" screen as I think 17" laptops are ridiculously bulky but made sure it could run the higher resolutions (1400+) not the usual 1280 you see on the PC World stuff.

It's an ex-HP/Compaq fully refurbished laptop with guarantee and accredited stamp. As said, I haven't even opened the box since it came from them.

Specs:

Manufacturer HP Compaq

Processor Intel Centrino Core Duo T2500 Processor 2.0GHz

Memory 1Gb

Hard Drive 100Gb

Optical Devices DVDRW Multi Drive - To read DVDs and CDs and write CDs and DVD+, DVD- and DVD-Ram

Screen 15" SXGA+ TFT Screen (1400 x 1050 Resolution)

Graphics Intel GMA 950 DVMT 3.0 128MB shared graphics

Expansion Slots and Ports Slots available for additional devices: 1 Type I/II PCMCIA Card slot supports both 32-bit CardBus and 16-bit cards, 1 express card slot, 7 in 1 media reader

4 USB 2.0 ports, VGA, headphone, integrated microphone, AC power, RJ-11, RJ-45, lock slot, S-video TV out, Firewire (1394a), parallel, serial

Communication Modem, Bluetooth, Wireless

Dimensions 3 (at front) x 32.9 x 24.7 cm

Weight 2.7kg

Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional

Part Number EY401ET

Recommend Retail Price £1000

Sold With Power supply

Review here - http://www.laptopmag.com/Review/HP-Compaq-nc6320.htm

and here -

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1759,1933737,00.asp

HP/Compaq info page here -

http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc....02_UKEN

Cheapest I've seen these is £850 so far, most places still higher. Loads of reviews round the net, spent my time aiming for the right work vs car vs play computer vs useable laptop.

For sale for £450inc postage to mainland UK.

graeme@fluke-motorsport.co.uk

Cheers,

Graeme.

• 2 weeks later...

Compaq now sold, but have an old Dell for sale -

lo6.jpg

Dell Inspiron 5100

P4, 2.8Ghz.

2Gb of DDR(II?, the quick type anyway) RAM

15.4" SXGA (1400x resolution) no marks on screen/no dead pixels.

60Gb 7,200rpm HDD drive.

Internal mini-PCI wireless card (Wireless G).

Uprated 64Mb stand alone ATI graphics card (upgrade from Inspiron 9100).

Uprated Sony DVD R/W (one of the quick ones).

New keyboard two months ago.

New battery six months ago.

All updates/drivers current as from Dell/ATI.

Geniune Windows XP (sticker on base).

Geniune Office 2003.

Used, abused for two years, but in full working order. Was a desktop replacement in it's day. I've bolted on every maximum upgrade available (why does this feel like selling a car). About the only bad thing I can think about it is that the button on the cd/dvd eject doesn't work (have to do it through software) as it has the superfast Sony drive in there instead of the normal/standard s***ty one.

£175 takes it away.

Cheers,

Graeme.

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.