• Malvern, Help Registration Closed

single seater

higgsti

Ohmygod!..I love that. Never thought or been attracted to single seaters before...but I'm now rabidly searching behind the sofa for the spare pennys, although must resist raiding my Daughters piggy-bank!!

didnt the captain give that a lesson in his owld pinto  :suspect:  :suspect:

looks like fantastic vfm for track use  and got me thinking surely that would be a good lightweight chassis to stick my 1550 motor  in  :suspect:  :suspect:  ???

Andrew check out the videos  Croft lapping in early 1.40s  and same time at cadwell  :suspect:

you get always  it and put the pinto lump in  :oops:  :D

Hmm, wonder how easily I could get some cycle wings fitted to my single seater  :laugh:   - I bet Nick Algar's thinking the same thing  :cool:  :laugh:  ;)

chris whos selling the car has used csr style wings from carbon mods .the car is a flying machine seen it a few times at anglesey as said its good value for money and there is one that has passed sva.videos here

http://480bhp.com/

the car is a flying machine seen it a few times at anglesey

Higgsti have you actually been on track with it ? the two vids Ive watched just looking at the lap times are not that quick? a decent westy megablade would lap a lump quicker at Croft and at Cadwell  ??? Im guessing it will be quick down the straights but wonder what front end grip is like in the corners, a front spolier would prob help a lot  like :suspect:  :t-up:

Hmm, wonder how easily I could get some cycle wings fitted to my single seater  :laugh:   - I bet Nick Algar's thinking the same thing  :cool:  :laugh:  ;)

That was my first thought when I saw the cars at Anglesey. Bung some cycle wings on an old formula ford, and away you go. :t-up:  

But, if folks got carried away with the idea, and started showing up at trackdays with more potent single seaters, eg F2 to old F1 cars, suitably cycle winged, I reckon they'd be banned. I know some trackday co's allready have a no single seater rule. :t-up:

[bung some cycle wings on an old formula ford, and away you go. :t-up:  

Back in the early days of Formula Ford and when the Traffic Regs weren't so tight Lotus did just that, and added lights and taxed one of their goodness me. :p  Never caught on though :down:

I know some trackday co's allready have a no single seater rule.

AFAIK ALL of them have a no 'open wheel' car policy so proper Test Days are your only option with a true single seater...  :down:

These cars probably only just meet the criteria for some TDOs so you'd have to check to make sure you weren't refused access to the track once you arrive in it - rather like noise testing too  :t-up:

NO, we both know the speed differential would be to great and therefore dangerous  :cool:  :p  :cool:

Besides which Cooperman couldn't cope with someone being quicker than him on a track  :D  :D  :D

Andrew, what was that red light coming on, looked suspiciously like OIL warning ? hope not, it was coming on in some bad places.

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.